A view from the saddle of my bike

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you A view from the saddle of my bike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AtLarge
    Participant

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Now that picture makes me want to go to my garage . . .

BrotherFunny
    Participant

Hello At Large,

The cockpit looks familiar, but something different than mine. Above all much cleaner.

There are, however, apparently some essential differences between German and American execution.

The end speed of the tachometer is less, understandable because of the speed Limitation in US.
    The side stand switch is missing, folds your side stand continuously during lifting?
    The driving light is apparently not switchable on and off. Only high beam is switchable. Does one have always had to drive with light in the USA? In Germany only for several years.
    One more difference. The red “horn”  switch (left Hand) can be used, by me also for the headlight / (as highbeam?) flasher.  “Pass” on following Picture.

For comparison:

Cheers from Germany

Gerd

AtLarge
    Participant

Right you are Gerd, on all accounts.  Headlights on all the time was a requirement some time in the late 70’s I believe.  The speedometer limit of the 80’s was eventually abolished (thankfully).  Now that we have GPS even that is outdated as most give a more accurate visual of vehicle speed.  I think the euro versions had the added benefit of the dual front discs too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this