Chain guard

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage Chain guard

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m quite new to this so hope I am doing it correctly!

I own a lovely 1976 B1 but it has a nasty plastic chain guard. My previous bike – bent frame (not me!) so had to go – had a lovely chrome one. Have possibility of purchase of chrome replacement but it is from a KZ400. will it fit?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I would guess not except without some modification and it would probably look odd as it is smaller. Tango has fitted a chainguard from a different bike that looks quite good. He will be along shortly no doubt.

Tango
    Participant

Hi Dibble1

I must congratulate you on the fine choice of a B1. 🙂

The chain guard is I feel an important part of your bike not just safety wise, but visual wise as well. Its a personal preference thing on the looks of it.

You will be able to get something to fit.

Its just going to be a case of looking at other bikes you see, and seeing if you think it can be adapted?

Ill keep me eye out to. 😉

The Mounting points for the chain guard are quite close together on the B1, I think something from a Z1 or a Z650 may be close! 😉

Michael
    Participant

Hi Dipple 1,

I have the swingarms of a KZ400, 1980, and of a B1/B2, 1976/1977 in my spares department.
    Can have a look and try with the chain guards.

Had tested a Z750LTD chrome chainguard at a Z750B swingarm some time ago and as far as I can remember it fitted.
    It is not perfect match as LTD chainguard has two holes in rear chainguard holder but only one can be fitted / used with a B swingarm.

Will do that this weekend and post results.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Now that is interesting Michael. I have a spare Chrome chainguard from a CSR if it does fit.

Tango
    Participant

We can try it against mine KK.

Michael
    Participant

CSR and LTD chain guards should be the same.
    At least there are two different chain guards used at the LTD models 🙂
    A long one which extends far beyond the rear sprocket and chain, and a short one which is very close to the rear sprocket and chain.

I will go to Vienna, Austria, tomorrow to pick up a modified Z750B1 and some spares incl. B3 parts. Will let you know and post some pictures 😉
    1.100 km in total, with a trailer !
    Have neither time to work on my projects nor to test any chainguards, sorry.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is some trip Michael. Respect to you. My trip not only was shorter I was able to collapse my trailor and put it in my boot for part of the journey.

Do not apologise about the chainguard. I have several guards here including K and also have a B swinging arm too so should get some decent idea.

Have a safe trip buddy

Michael
    Participant

ThanX, KK !
    Would be good to see your results.
    Have to go to bed, it will be a long day tomorrow 🙂
    Cheers, Michael

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Michael, look forward to hearing from you.

KZ_Kon
    Participant

I sure wish there was follow up on this thread because although I’m going to install my stock, plastic chain guard, I would much prefer something in chrome.

I may just end up fabricating one, bit I would like to know if the LTD or CSR ones would fit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this