Flat Tracker

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    Mikeonabike
    Participant

Hmm looking good, Is that “Supercharger” relevant?

beachcomber
    Participant

Thanx for your comments.

The blower / manifold is for my supercharged Rover V8 lump which will eventually find it’s way into my Volvo 940 Estate hotrod project !

I DO have a smaller Eaton blower – see Glemseck thread !!!

beachcomber
    Participant

Things have slowed down somewhat as I suddenly realised that Christmas is just round the corner – and nothing done – oops.

However I did make some patterns for alternate front number plate cover.

Couldn’t decide oval or rectangular – so I made up one of each. Erring towards the oval version. ??

The spacer / sleeve requirements have been worked out, just waiting for my pal now so I can get accurate measurements.

Realistically, all work halted for the Christmas break.

Have a good ‘un everybody.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Beachcomber,

I would go for the oval one !
    It is more old style and matches the bikes make-year better 😉

Happy X-mas !

Cheers, Michael

beachcomber
    Participant

Thanx for your interest Michael – yes I think it will be oval !

BTW – I still cannot register on your site.

Michael
    Participant

Let me see what I can do during the X-mas break. Can’t do it before, takes some time in typically not used software 😉
    I may create an account and set a password for you, that you can change during your visit.
    Will send a PM with your data when finished.
    Cheers,
    Michael

beachcomber
    Participant

No rush Michael, I look forward to visiting your site next year.

beachcomber
    Participant

I’ve decided to go with the oval version.

I also got twinges of Cafe Racer when I put the plate on !!

Just so happens my spare alloy clip-ons are the correct size AND my AJS7R seat looks spot on !

Maybe for the Glemseck project ?

beachcomber
    Participant

The final oval pattern has been completed and a pal will cut the shape from some perspex he has spare in his garage.

I’m going to look at some high and wide ” dirt bike ” bars next week to see if they look more suitable style than the high Renthal ( copy ) ones I have.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Beachcomber,

I would recommend a steering bar not wider than 76 cm for road use.

Once I had fitted a Dragbar with 84 cm width and it was horrible.

To hold the outer end of the bar, while turning the bike, was difficult for me (height 170cm).

While riding at higher speed (100km/h+) the wind moved my clothing, my arms too and they moved the wide bar as well. Not a good feeling !

All the best,
    Michael

beachcomber
    Participant

Thanx for the info Michael.

I’m going to see the bars in a week’s time. I can measure them up against your details.

beachcomber
    Participant

Well, we well and truly took a SWERVE HERE !!!!

Over on “Glemseck” now – it’s a follow on really, albeit in a different direction.

Almost certain to morph into 60’s style Cafe Racer styling now – my era !

Due to the Competetion element, clip-ons will probably be the way to go – maybe the 7R race seat to keep the styling influence – then of course we need a Cafe Racer tank – after all that work I put into the KZ tank !!!! Arggghhh.

I’ll probably go for a Norvil / Metisse half fairing as I need somewhere to mount the nitrous bottle and various related squitter.

Michael
    Participant

Hi TJ,

the dream of my youth was the “Egli turbo mrd 1”.
    Maybe that is some inspiration ?

I love to see the NOS bottle.
    Don’t hide it behind a fairing 😉

From a visual point of view, the center of gravity, easy access and with good chance to have a solid fixing option, I love to see the bootle left hand side mounted at that frame tube coming from swing arm bearing going to upper shock absorber mounting stud.
    Gives the bottle approx. 30° lean to the back.

If available, I would prepare another fuel tank. Also an LTD/CSR fuel tank will fit the B-frame with really minor changes (just the central “pin” in the bottom rear and it’s counterpart in the frame).

Cheers, Michael

beachcomber
    Participant

Thanx for the tips Michael.

Alternatively – I could hide everything – including the turbo !!! That would cause a few surprises at the traffic lights !

However, I DO belong to the “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” school of thought.

As this project is evolving [ not planned initially ! ]there are no real hard points and every day brings useful info from one source or another.

Yes I think an alternate tank so I can use either for styling.

I just sold [ last year ] an alloy Metisse tank ! Arrrgghhhh.

A second oil supply source is imperative. Chris LWG of this parish has made a superb system, but sadly a one off. Primarily that was to feed an oil cooler on his 865cc bike – ideal for my purposes as I could go via an oil cooler direct to the turbo thus killing two birds with one stone – and the advantage of cooling oil direct to the turbo.

Did I mention twin plug head? – again courtesy of ChrisLWG’s development work.

Michael – STILL having problems logging in to your site, even with the new password you sent me ?

Michael
    Participant

Twin plug head was already done by Martin.
    It is possible 😉
    Discussed that in another forum and recommendation is to use an additional spark plug with a smaller thread size than the stock spark plugs.
    Will send PM in regards to the log-in issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 240 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this