Flat Tracker

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That’s a great spot Philpass I hope your right. One thing for sure is it isn’t a 750 twin wheel. 750 twins only have 4 bolt holes for the discs and I have not seen an axle like that before.

Michael
    Participant

For sure it is not a B front wheel !
    Might be still the B-front axle used in an alternative wheel. That would still allow the “bolt on” situation.
    Main differentiator is the number of disc screws (4 vs. 6) and number of cover screws (2 vs. 3)

That construction with threaded axle both sides and large nuts, which are clamped below fork tubes is typical for the Bs (not for CSRs / LTDs) !

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is true Michael but I have not seen that axle arrangement on a B model. It is the clamping style and may well fit but I doubt very much that it is the correct axle.

beachcomber
    Participant

Thanx to the anon person who dropped the engine parts list through my door today !!!! { Trevor ??? ]

Sorry I missed you …… another day.

And the rear wheel ???????????

philpassingham
    Participant

deffo z750

Michael
    Participant

Yes, looks like a Z750B rear wheel.

beachcomber
    Participant

The frame [ + s/a, sidestand ]is now finally prepped and ready for blasting. Just looking around for a good price !!

Wheel [fr ] still giving me grief as I don’t want to damage the “flats” on the spindle – may need some heat.

beachcomber
    Participant

Got a good deal for the shotblasting through my pal who builds the replica Jags – Frame / swingarm and sidestand £15 !!!

That’ll be off this week together with my TR1 Cafe Racer frame/swingarm.

philpassingham
    Participant

very good price there

Tango
    Participant

I’ll say Very Good price! Keep the photos coming! 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Great price. That would cost me around £35 here

beachcomber
    Participant

Yes – that’s the going rate round here, but my pal has loads of repeat work there [ Jag replica chassis’ and parts ] so gets a good deal. I’ll just “slide” my stuff in with his next order !

Ditto with the wire wheels for the tracker – £20 a wheel blasted and powdercoated Gold.

beachcomber
    Participant

Managed to score some 25mm x 3mm steel strip at my pal’s workshop at the weekend. I can get the underseat mounts made now. They’ll double up as the mounts for the electrics tray I’ll be putting under the seat – then it’ off to shotblasters nest week with my pal’s stuff.

beachcomber
    Participant

Did that REALLY take me 2 weeks to get round to cutting and fettling the seat /tray mounting strap ?????????? Well – yes !

Done now, so I unpacked the brand new Aldi [ £29.00 ] arc welder ready to attach said strap -only to realise that the fuse box that feeds my garage has 15amp capacity. Arrghh, after the 3rd time it tripped I just gave up and watched the World Superbike racing !

This week – I’ll get some 30 amp fuses and get the welding done, then bits off to shot blasters.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yep it’s 2 weeks lol. Don’t you have a cooker point with socket? That would be a bigger fuse

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 240 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this