Glemseck – thinking aloud

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports Glemseck – thinking aloud

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

For sure the two outlet pipes in the “bell” are mounted this (stock) way to achieve a spin of gas within the bell.
    If you use an external breather bowl, direction of outlets can be changed to streamline the gases into the bowl.

Remember, we are talking about 750 cm³ to displace air out of the crankcase with each rev of the crankshaft. And to suck 750cm³ air in at every rev.
    I would certainly choose a bowl with at least or better more than 750 cm³ to avoid any pumping action, that has to use a space outside the volume of the bowl.

Use the largest possible diameters of connections, pipes, etc. to achieve minimal losses caused by the breather action.

beachcomber
    Participant

I have the ideal tank Michael. We used them on my Porsche 550 Spyder replicas – and I still have one in my garage !

Thin wall spun alloy – ideal capacity – 1 ltr.

Thanx for your continued interest and input.

beachcomber
    Participant

Just had another mock up of the blower, this time with the outlet facing the rear. The breather can definitely has to go, otherwise packaging looks good.

I think the time has come to pull the trigger on this one ………

lonesome
    Participant

Jeez, how much does this forum need a ‘like’ facility? We’re working on that one 😉 Meantime, many thumbs up to beachcomber for the fascinating effort. (y) (y)

beachcomber
    Participant

Lonesome – I’ve been blessed / cursed by having an extremely imaginitive and fertile brain – and a “what if” attitude all my life.

That has taken me on many occasions into uncharted territory !! Mostly with a successful outcome, but with a few lemons along the way.

Ill health and lack of finances have dogged me in recent years – but that’s just something else to overcome !

I have also found that there are some very nice human beings out there who are happy to pitch in to help.

If other people are intrigued – then welcome along.

beachcomber
    Participant

Lonesome – I’ve been blessed / cursed by having an extremely imaginitive and fertile brain – and a “what if” attitude all my life.

That has taken me on many occasions into uncharted territory !! Mostly with a successful outcome, but with a few lemons along the way.

Ill health and lack of finances have dogged me in recent years – but that’s just something else to overcome !

I have also found that there are some very nice human beings out there who are happy to pitch in to help.

If other people are intrigued – then welcome along.

Mikeonabike
    Participant

I like your attitude, He who has not made a mistake/wrong decision has not made anything!!
    I have a hell of a scrap heap!!

beachcomber
    Participant

MOAB …… why thank you kindly sir.

Most of my projects were commercial. IE – I designed, developed and manufactured a range of replica sports cars [ and speciality one offs ]which were sold to the general public – and also successfully raced.

I had a 1 million pound product liability insurance and I’m proud to say that in over 40 years in the business – I never had one claim !

Unlike mainstream manufacturers that seem to get away with murders [ literally ] – I had to ensure that my products WERE ENTIRELY FIT FOR PURPOSE. ANY flaws / problems were always sorted before the vehicles were offered for sale. As an added incentive – I was the test pilot for any new models I designed / built!!!!

I like nothing more than to have folk say ” you can’t do that” – then prove them wrong !

philpassingham
    Participant

Best way to go through life

beachcomber
    Participant

Still on the “what if” list.

I’ve worked out a suitable drive for the blower now.
    So, it is a goer from a proof of concept basis – no rush

beachcomber
    Participant

The project got a bit of a boost today as it seems a donor engine / frame is on the horizon. I’ve managed to get most of the engine ( blower) related bits together now.

I can really start plotting then !!!

beachcomber
    Participant

So after another !ate night chat with KK – the Glemseck project is now officially on.

All the good bits ( Grimeca hubbed / Borrani wheels, Tarrozis,etc. ) will be blackberried off the Flat Tracker to make the Glemseck project a priority.

All done with the aid of engine and frame bought from KK.

So, I’m blaming him for this project !!!

It will be something of a joint project as KK has offered to help out with the odd fabrication where he can.

I will no doubt be holding the metaphorical begging bowl out for input, knowledge and no doubt – the odd fabbing favour.

The ultimate goal ? To get the finished, RUNNING beast to Glemseck THIS YEAR ………….. who’s in ???

Michael
    Participant

Hi Beachcomber,

that are fantastic news !

Our plan is to have an own stand of the german Z750Twin community at Glemseck 101 this year 2017 !
    http://www.glemseck101.de/

Final decision of the organisers, if we will get a place to put our stand on, is by beginning of May 2017.
    Can’t accelerate that.

Looks like about 10 attendees on Z750Twin have already opted in 😉

I have the feeling, there will be some more 😉

Cheers, Michael

Attached some pics from Glemseck 101, 2016:

beachcomber
    Participant

Oh dear the bad news ………… the Glemseck bike will no longer be Eaton supercharged ……… the good news, it will be T3 turbocharged with Nitrous Oxide assist to eliminate any turbo lag – oh yes – and ADD 100BHP AT THE TOP END.

In order to shorten the development / build / special parts requirements [ and thus cost ] – I’ve decided the Glemseck TJ/KK bike will be TURBOCHARGED and with Nitrous Oxide !!! It simplifies a whole bunch of stuff and reduces the requirements for special PARTS / MACHINING / FAB DRAMATICALLY. And it will mean I stand a very realistic chance of having it ready for Glemseck 2017.

I still blame KK …………

karen%20003_zps4tygvgk7.jpg

Michael
    Participant

Hi TJ,
    you are crazy !!! 😉

Currently there is a hit in the charts and it’s refrain is:
    “Bad ideas make the best memories!”

Looking forward to see the progress and finally you and KK at Glemseck.

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this