hello

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mtrower
    Participant

my name is mark got the twin 4 years ago its a b2   import  ,came with some stupid silencers had some norton whistlers i had for years now on the big twin .cleaned the carbs out found the floats us they are the copper one’s unsoldered the floats and fitted royal enfield one’s they are the same,starter clutch acting up any info would be appreciated, fitting electronic ignition half done the bike keeps going on the back burner,too many projects. here is a pic 

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Mark and welcome to our site. I’m sure we can help you through any problems. The starter clutch is a regular issue with these bikes. If you take it off you will hopefully be able to fit a refurb kit and away you go. We need to see and know a bit more before we can advise.

Whereabouts are you from?

mtrower
    Participant

Hello thanks for the reply when I got the bike the starter was slipping all the time got a repair kit of eBay the kit I took out looked as good as the one I took out.the starter is better but still slips ,on with fitting a nutronic ignition and a better battery.changed a lot of starter clutch’s in my time and now these bikes have issues with them.now spring is here will be concentrating on on my riders.live doncaster sout yorkshire

Michael
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    welcome !

On the german Twin website there is a story about the starter clutch repair with a lot of pics.
    https://www.z750twin.de/anlasserfreilauf.htm

Be aware that the “body” of the starter clutch may have a crack. It is hard to see, because the metal sheet cover sits over it. Check carefully, the crack is often right there, where the roller sits in (weakest part of the “body”)

Cheers, Michael

mtrower
    Participant

hello  Michael when I get back to the bike will take the clutch off and give it a check for cracks,had a quick  look at the German site looks  like the big twin were popular  over there ,I have  another  bike that did not do well in the UK and has  a big following in Germany  a buell xb12s.i all so  have a er250 gpz500 and a kh125 to keep it company. you can not have to meney  toys ,can you

Michael
    Participant

No, you can’t 😉
    Two bikes belong to my spouse, two to my son, rest is mine 😉

The Buell is also very good on narrow racetracks, saw some of them out on the track.
    This is “Incredible Marc” on his Buell:

Awesome !

mtrower
    Participant

nice bunch there but i was just talking kawasaki i also have a number of  other bikes but there for other forums. before i started to fit the newtronic system could not time the bike ,i found out it may have had the wrong points fitted.busy with other things soon as i get on top of them i can give 100% to the kawa get it running mot and registered to the uk.your forum is a good read and a wealth of info thank mark

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Michael has an amazing collection of bikes.

My collection is al Kawasakis. I have a KX65, ZRX1200R and 7 twins in various states of build. My main ride at the moment is the CSR twin but I am currently restoring a UK B1 ans getting ready to do a K1 belt drive.

mtrower
    Participant

Had a bit of a tumble about 5 years ago  my working career now over so now to much time on my hands,had a nice collection before . unable to ride the sports side now all gone now spend my time restoring and this will be my first full year back in the saddle.my bikes oldest first.1949 matchless g80,1955 BSA A10 gold flash,1957 Francis Barnett plover,1961 Honda ca77 dream,1962 BSA A10 super rocket,1965 Honda cb77 superhawk,1971 Honda c90,1977 Kawasaki kz750 B2, 1979 Yamaha  xs650,1980 Honda cb400 superdream,1981 Kawasaki kh125,1981 Honda ft500,1981 honda cb750 fb,1983 Kawasaki er250,1983 Yamaha srx400,1985 honda xbr500,1991 Kawasaki gpz500,1999 aprilia sr125,2001 Gilera runner fx125 sp,2003 buell xp12 lighting.2004 harley Davidson Dyna ,and a Sachs madass.8   are on the road the rest are in different stages of restoration I am hoping the Kawasaki twin is the next  and looking forward to riding it this summer,I do like big twins

mtrower
    Participant

i forgot my t150 i do not know why  and the cb750fb  before my mis ap ,got back of the insurers will be back to its former beauty ,came away better than me .do not bounce as well as i did when i was younger.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Wow that is quite some collection Mark. Maybe one day I will get the chance to see it?

It sounds quite an off you had and as you say we don’t bounce as well as we get older but really great news your back in the saddle again.

KK

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this