I am in Colorado and really look forward to doing KZ750 twin stuff again…

Home Forums New Member Introductions I am in Colorado and really look forward to doing KZ750 twin stuff again…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    KZCrazyinColorado
    Participant

<div class=”activity-header”>

Harvey Ganzel posted an update <span class=”time-since”>an hour ago</span>

</div>
    <div class=”activity-inner”>

I picked up an 1983 belt drive unit (came with title) as a project bike about 6 months ago. I additionally picked up a 1979 donor unit (no title). When I picked up the donor bike, a 1982 running/titled CSR unit with less than 8,000 miles. So far I am into these for less than $1,000.00. I had a new KZ750 back in 1977, so I am looking forward to getting 2 units back on the road again. I may have questions as these units get close to being road-worthy

</div>

KZCrazyinColorado
    Participant

philpassingham
    Participant

welcome to the site sir,good looking bikes there

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello KZCrazyinColoradr and welcome.

They look like 3 nice bikes there a CSR, B4 and K1 belt drive and what a bargain price!!! Do you plan to restore them all? Sadly if not you may find a few issues with interchangeability of parts. All 3 have different frames and engines. Some parts will interchange and other parts may with a little fettling. Most of the imformation is in the library section but ask away if you are struggling.

Enjoy the site

KK

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Kaptainkwak.
    KZCrazyinColorado
    Participant

The B4 will act as a donor for the K1.  The only worry I have at this point is the use of the wiring harness from the B4 to be used on the K1.  The K1 was butchered to be made into a bobber.  I want to bring back to stock, but not until next fall.  I will be making the CSR my ride for next season which is well on it’s way already.  Maybe a tank and side cover repaint, rebuild front forks, new tires, seat recover, among other things.  I will likely sell off parts from the B4 including engine.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Unfortunately the B4 harness will not fit. There are substantial wiring differences including switch gear and CDI unit to name a couple. Also if memory serves me right there is a side stand cutout on the K1.

There isn’t much else if anything that’s interchangeable.

I wish shipping was more favourable as I would be very interested in B4 parts.

What condition is the front mudguard in? I am on the hunt for a very good one.

KZCrazyinColorado
    Participant

Hey Kaptain,

Mud guard…you mean in front of the back tire?

Crazy…

KZCrazyinColorado
    Participant

Further investigation reveals that the CSR is a 1981 and the beast Siri’s bike is actually a B2 and not a B4.   The B2 looks like it has a very healthy engine .   Is there much of a market out there for at B2 Vintage motor?  Or for that matter a B2 frame with wheels?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this