Long and Lonesome road

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports Long and Lonesome road

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lonesome
    Participant

Bike status this morning – needing a little TLC.
    Bike status after TLC – completely fucked :'(

It’s been outside all year and I’ve been spraying it with oil to try and fend off the rust. This mostly worked very well, except for the brakes, which had a different opinion.

No sweat, bit of degreaser and they’ll be fine. They weren’t. Bugger, ok out come the pads, that’ll fix it. It didn’t. Better, but not motable let alone roadworthy. Ok, change the fluid and while I’m at it try to get that lever straight again. Snap. No sweat, got a spare. Wrong type. No probs, I got another master cylinder somewhere. Very old, very stuff master cylinder. Rammed a little screwdriver up it to free it. Good, now the lever. Wrong shoulder hinge bolt hole. Still it out. Fit lever, fill with fluid. Bleed nipple strips. Use rear nipple, I can sort that later. While bleeding which is getting me nowhere, the caliper nipple thread strips.

Give up.

Grinkle
    Keymaster

sounds like one of my days

better luck tomorrow

it all sorts its self out in the end

keep us posted on the progress

lonesome
    Participant

Cheers mate, yeah it’s not the end of the world, just bloody annoying. Can’t get to work tomorrow now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this