Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Marko
    Participant

Hi guys,

I realized after talking to my friend, that I am not sure what type of fuel to use. Is it OK to use just unleaded on its own, or would it be unleaded with a lead replacement type product?

I used to have a 1968 VW Beetle and I had to add lead replacement to the fuel, but for Kawasaki, I cannot find anywhere whether it already has hardened valves and valve seats.

Thanks,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yes unleaded is the right petrol in all Japanese bikes if I am correct Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

unleaded fuel without any additives would be ok 😉

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Thank you, that’s a relief! I was worried for a while that I might have done some damage to the valves.

Cheers,
    Marko

AtLarge
    Participant

Nice bike Marko. That seat looks very well done!

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

you are the only owner of a Z750LTD-S model I know 😉

Looks like this model was never sold in Germany. We have a lot of Y1 and K1 over here, but no S models.

As I am the webmaster of the http://www.z750twin.de website I want to update the “twin models” page.

There is a page to select the explicit model and I want to add a picture of your bike !

As you can see from the attached preliminary screenshot all bikes are shown from the left hand side.

You have posted only photos from right hand sight. Would you please be so kind to post a picture of your bike from left hand side, matching the other pictures ?

Would be very kind of you 😉

ThanX, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

if you want to go to the 2014, 2. international Z750Twin meeting I can offer you a safe place to stay the nights travelling to and from that meeting, which will happen most likely in the north of Luxembourg.

I am located 50 km away from Munich, so this might be half way for you 😉

Just let me know 🙂

Have a look at
    http://www.z750twin.de/treffen_2006.htm
    That was the 1. international Twin meeting with the guys from UK !!!

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Hello Michael,

I was going through my pictures, and you are right, I have almost none taken from the left hand side. I guess I thought the bike is more photogenic from the right side 🙂
    I will of course take an appropriate picture, but you will have to wait a week or so (bike is now at parents house), I hope that’s OK.

It is too bad that my bike is a bit modified, it would be nice if you could find an original photo. I have a “Typenschein” with technical data and drawing/sketch of the bike, I can scan it and sent it to you if you want.

And regarding the meeting: first of all, thank you for your kind offer, I really appreciate it. I was thinking about going, but it is more than 1000 km, so I am not sure whether I (and the bike of course) could manage or not. But it would really ease a journey if I could stay at your place and than travel to Luxembourg with company. I will think about it and let you know.

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

that are good news 😉

That description on the website wasn’t done for so many years, so there is no reason to hurry.

Would appreciate to get a copy of the “Typenschein”.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is a very generous offer Michael I must thank you myself.

Marko

In 2006 we did 1800 miles (2880km) without incidents worth mentioning. If your bike is running well and serviced I have no doubt she will make it there and back trouble free. These bikes are as good as bullet proof and what better place could you be than Michaels to have hospitality and a service half way?

It would be fantastic to see an ‘S’ model in real life.

Go for it Marko you know you want to

Marko
    Participant

Kaptainkwak, you are right, that is a very nice offer and Michael, I hope that I will be able to return the favor someday, so if you will travel to Slovenia (or Croatia), just let me know!

And I would love to go to the meeting, but before deciding for sure, I need to gain some “confidence” in the bike, if you know what I mean. So if she will run trouble free in the spring, than I am quite certain that I will come.

Michael, I have sent you the typenschein via e-mail.

Cheers,
    Marko

Marko
    Participant

Michael,

I am sending you bike’s photo from the left hand side. I had some trouble finding a neutral background, so I hope it will be OK. If you need the photo in higher resolution, please let me know.

Did you get the typenschein? I sent it to e-mail I found in your profile, I hope it’s the right one.

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

thanks for the picture, great.
    Nice bike !

Now I can complete the models list on my website 😉

Resolution is fine for web purpose.

Yes, I’ve received the Typenschein but have not found the time and the mood to have a closer look into it.

I have a copy of a Typenschein of a B-model as well. Maybe I will publish some parts out of the Typenscheine on the related models page 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

A cracking picture Marko and thank you for sharing it. Michael the information you give on your site is excellent. Thank you also for that.

Oh and please help. What is Typenschein?

Marko
    Participant

Hi Kaptainkwak,

thank you and I am glad that you like the photo!

About Typenschein: I am sure that Michael can explain you better, especially because it is in German language. It contains technical information and a nice sketch, which I find partculary useful, and also info about previous owners (which I left out, so there should be no “sensitive” information). I wanted to post it here, but the forum doesn’t allow the pdf files to be uploaded. Now I made 5 photos out of pdf file and it should work, so you can see what it looks like.

Cheers,
    Marko

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this