Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

thanX for posting the Typenschein.
    Best matching translation would be “Type Description”.

There is already the dual front disc brake shown !!! Maybe that is a speciality for austrian market ?!?
    Is it a Z750LTD S1 and a half ???
    ROFL 😉

All bikes that were originally imported to Austria have the most complete official documentation I know. There are not only frame numbers and some technical data noted, but also drawings attached to it.

An old german document for vehicles, prior to EU papers, is called “Fahrzeugbrief/direct translation is vehicle letter” and is the document that prooves you are the owner of that vehicle and has a lot of technical data but no drawings.

The some thing from the states (USA) just has the frame number and “date of first authorisation for road use” on it and no further data.

Attached the Fahrzeugbrief of my LTD, The Black Lady:
    Left hand side shows the technical data and changes, right hand side is flipped in and shows some administrative remarks.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Ah Thank You guys for clearing that up. That is the equivalent of what we in the UK call a ‘Log Book’ but I must admit both seem in more depth than ours. We just quote the basic facts and those can generally be changed with little fuss.

Marko
    Participant

“There is already the dual front disc brake shown !!! Maybe that is a speciality for austrian market ?!?
    Is it a Z750LTD S1 and a half ???”

Hi Michael,

yes, dual front discs are original. I did some further “internet research” and apparently Kawasaki produced two versions of S1 model. If you look at the document I got from Kawasaki, the S1 model pictured there is “American sports model”. It has single front disc, shorter rear fender, indicators are on the handlebars at the front and under seat in the rear. Maybe there are some other differences as well, I’m not sure.

I found one S1 American model on the internet (at least I think it is), it looks like the one in the description. Here is a photo:

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

great finding !

So your S-model is even more rare !

I have to change the description of your S1 on the models page ;-)))

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Hi Michael,

after all this talk about S1 model, I was wondering whether you know of any S2 models?

Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

to be perfectly honest, I must say that I may have never seen (or recognised) an S1 or an S2 model 🙁

Mainly there are the Bs,
    LTD Y1 (spoked wheels, chain) and
    LTD K1 (cast wheels, BeltDrive) present in Germany.
    Some M/CSRs, at least two Y2, one G model known, but no S model at all.
    That’s a list from my own, more than 15 years of experience in the german Z750Twin community.

OK, let’s get a LTD K1 and swap the belt with a chain and we’ve got a close to S2 😉 (As far as I understand :-)))

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Or I could find one “square” engine and just swap them, and than I could have S1 or S2! 😀

Marko
    Participant

Hi guys,

I need your help again…

I am trying to find an air filter, and so far I have been told by Slovene motorcycle shops that it is impossible to find! I have located some on the eBay, and I need to know whether those are the right one’s, for example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-KZ750-Twin-1976-1979-K-N-Air-Filter-KA-0750-/271019767161?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f1a097579

So, can you tell me if this is the right filter, or where could I get one?

Thanks,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

My guess is yours will be the same as the CSR and LTD (not G) models part no 11013-1045 which is different to the B models (part no 11013-051) so in my opinion that one is wrong.

I think this K&N Filter or this Standard Style Filter

Marko
    Participant

Thanks,

you are right – I found Cross references on K&N page, and apparently I need to find filter K&N KA-7500

Link: http://www.knfilters.com/search/kn_cross_ref.aspx?part=KA-7500

Cheers,
    Marko

Tango
    Participant
    Marko
    Participant

Thanks Tango, I already ordered the correct one and should arrive in a week or so. I also measured the old filter and this one is the right size.

Marko

Marko
    Participant

Oops, double post!

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

can’t send PMs at this time.
    What about your plans to join us for the 2. International Twin Meeting in Belgium ?

Maria and me will start early Friday morning, 13th of June 2014.
    Not decided yet to go by bike or to pick a car and a trailer with the bikes and additional stuff in it.

Just let me know and we can plan accordingly to serve you best 😉

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I have to apologize my hesitation and thank you for you concern.

I have already decided that I will do my best to join you at the meeting. I hope I will manage to sort all the things I want in the bike until June, but anyway, you can count me in (unless there will be a really bad weather forecast 🙁 ).

As far as your plans are concerned, I suggest the opposite – that you plan whatever suits you best, I will surely find a way to join you :-). But if you plan to start Friday morning that would be perfect for me also.

Marko

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this