Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Here we go Marko

The guard we have received is slightly different to the original so I have made a slightly different bracket to allow for it.

The first picture is for making the bracket and the second picture is for positioning it. Please ask if there is anything you do not understand.

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

you have some great technical drawing skills 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

KK,thanks a lot! I agree with Michael, you are really good at technical drawing!

The pictures are clear and I am sure we’ll be able to make the bracket tomorrow – I’ll take some pictures to show the final result!

Cheers,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Thanks for the comments guys. My drawings should be quite clear because as I Design Engineer (currently Nuclear) I do this for a living 😉

Marko
    Participant

While you were enyoing at the meeting, I did some more work on the bike.

First of all, the chain guard is installed – thanks to KK’s drawings it was an easy job! As you can see from photos, mirrors have also been replaced, because I could only see my shoulders with originals. I got those from my friend, he thinks they belonged to Moto Guzzi originally. And the brake lines are also new, they are steel braided and braking improved significantly.

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

nice bike 🙂
    You’re a lucky guy to have the coast line close to you !
    Nice area !

Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

Preliminary report of 2014th meeting:
    http://www.z750twin.de/treffen_2014.htm

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko. I am glad you managed to sort your bracket out.

Michael is right. You are indeed in a beautiful area. Enjoy your riding and keep posting for us to enjoy and envy.

Marko
    Participant

You asked for more and here are some photos from today’s ride. This time I went across the mountain pass to Austria. Great road with lots of curves and beautiful views. I felt quite confident on the curves today and the “chicken strips” are gone on the rear tyre, getting closer to the edge on the front.

Cheers,
    Marko

Tango
    Participant

Looks Fantastic Marko.

Very Nice Scenery!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

You have some great roads out there to ride and what better bike could you do it on?

I am a tadge jealous

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

looks great !

Good to see that the recommendation for BT45 is working well for you 🙂
    Front tire will always have the “chicken strip” !
    Your rear tire looks impressingly good used. That is the limit when tire pressure is ok ! Approx 2.0 bar minimum to 2.5 bar maximum.

Going to Austria is the way to my direction.
    Did you try it to get prepared to visit our Summer Party incl. a small Z750Twin meeting, happening from Fr. 15th to Su. 17. Aug. 2014 ?
    🙂

You are invited 🙂
    Still close to Munich / Augsburg area.

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Hi guys, you are right, there are some fantastic roads around here, especially in Austria, where the tarmac is much better than in Slovenia. I am plannig to buy an action camera soon, so I can make also some videos of my rides.

@Michael
    :
    Thanks for invitation, I am planning my holidays at the end of July, so I should have no excuse for not coming! It is also a national holiday in Slovenia on 15 Avgust, which makes it even easier.

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,
    sounds good !
    15th Aug. is a public holiday in Bavaria as well.
    Hope to see you soon.
    Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

I thought I should share the “repair” I had to make today.
    I went for a pleasant ride and somewhere in the middle the clutch cable broke! 🙁 Right at the lever, so obviously I couldn’t go on. And than I used a piece of wood and wrap the cable around it – and it worked! I was quite hard to pull, harder than I expected, so I didn’t shift much and I was very thankful that Twin has a lot of torque. I even manged to go safely through 6 traffic lights, but it was one of the longest 80km in my life.

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

good idea in that bad situation !

Broken clutch cables appear quite often, right at the top end !

As signs of wear appear (single wires broken and spreading (?) is an alarm sign to swap the clutch cable asap.
    You can feel the damage and you can even hear a special sound when pulling and releasing such a worn cable.

Only good lubrication / greasing and no sharp edges/bends in the upper part of the clutch cable will cure that.

You may replace the LTD clutch cable with a shorter version of the B as you have a lower steering bar.
    Should help to avoid the bend in the upper part 🙂

A spare clutch cable on board and tools to remove switch lever, left driver footpeg and front sprocket cover or at least the tools to use “screwed nipples” as temporary replacement.
    https://www.louis.de/artikel/nippel-bowdenzugsatz-set/10019100?list=4569868
    Sounds easy but in fact it is some work to do to use them and a third hand is very helpful !

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this