Removing the flywheel

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage Tips and Ideas Removing the flywheel

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I am happy with your judgement Michael. The one Tango suggests I can get 50 for £18 which is a bargain and a nice gift for every twin owner we meet. I will chase the same at 50 long.

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

that’s a good idea !!!

Please ensure that I have mentioned the correct thread size !

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Good news and confirmation !

The screws with thread size M18x1.5 are correct !

Screws with 40 mm thread length will do the job !

I’ve done two tests today.
    One with a B1/B2 motor, one with an LTD Y1 motor.
    Approx 15 to max 20 mm thread length is needed to “get in touch” with the crankshaft, when screw is turned into the rotor. To finally remove the rotor only very little additional length is needed.

Attached a picture of a puller screw with 50 mm thread length in the moment it has contact to the crankshaft.

Go ahead ordering the 40 mm long screws ;-)))

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Very Thorough and Very informative Michael thank you for putting our minds at rest.

It could be a very handy bolt to keep in your tool kit just in case. :O)

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Excellent report Michael and thank you. I have today used the one you sent me as a gift. I removed the flywheel without a spanner. It was very easy. I will now order the 40mm long screws. Gifts all round in Luxembourg

Michael
    Participant

Good to know 😉

Don’t forget to fasten the final LH fixing screw very firmly, having Loctite applied !!!

Had a bad experience just two weeks ago, as the screw wasn’t fastened enough ! With that, Loctite doesn’t help at all !

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this