South Pacific Fun

Home Forums General Everything Else South Pacific Fun

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hardride
    Participant

I recently read about taking the junk single/dual hard starting carb off my 1984 TT600 and put a set off a Ninja 250 on it. I got the 250 carbs and they fit the boots perfectly which is half the battle. The cable fit with some minor bending and the air-box actually worked too.
    After fueling the bike I kicked it and fired the third kick. The bike has never done that before. Sometimes I couldn’t even get it started at all. I let it warm up and took it up the road. WOW what a difference!!!!! The front end came up through first, second, and third gear with no problem. The bike never ran that good before. When I got home it took me 30 minutes to get the grin off my face and my pulse to go back down. What a fun bike. It is probably illegal to have something that fun.

Let your friends with TT600 bikes know about this upgrade. It works great.

AtLarge
    Participant

Good to know. Never heard of the Tekei brand before. Maybe this is why. I assume the Ninja carbs are Mikuni’s?

hardride
    Participant

They are Mikuni’s and I had to replace the diaphragms in them. There is a place called jbmindustries that you can buy just the diaphragm instead the very expensive whole set-up from the dealer. I have used these on several different bikes and they send full instructions on how to replace them. They even have videos on them too. And the best part they are very reasonably priced.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this