steve_icbinb

Home Forums New Member Introductions steve_icbinb

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

hi steve 😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello Steve and welcome.

Tell us a bit about you and can we see your ride?

dougyt
    Participant

Hi Steve, I see you have your occupation down as “forklift abuser” as I get paid to fix them, I say keep up the good work mate people like you keep me in paid work 😀

steve_icbinb
    Participant

Thank you for the friendly welcome guys.

I must make it clear straight away my reason for contacting you ~ I have a confession: not only do i abuse fork trucks, but am guilty of unwarrantied neglect of a Z750. It’s a lovely ol’ beast, but has sat under a blanket at the back of my garage for nigh on ten years……in mitigation of my crime, i claim to own several bikes (inc. a KLV1000 which NEARLY counts as a Kwak twin 😉 ) & have, rather late in life, discovered the joys of touring…. thus i’m unlikely to find the time to put her back on the road.
    So, if anyone is interested, please email me (steve_icbinb@btinternet.com).

about the bike: 1978, Z750B, met. brown, 33500 miles (prob. genuine as have quite a few MOT’s etc) i think it’s all original. some rusty bits ~ exhausts are def. original….rotted bad (sorry 😥 ).

I’m an honest geezer (check me feedback out on Ebay ~ same user name) & would rather sell it to a Z750 fetisher than bung it on Fleabay. I’ve some pics taken last w/end, but as with most bike pics, they make her look better than a real inspection. I live 10mins from J1 of M2 near Rochester, Kent.

If the moderators/anyone thinks i’m being cheeky by posting, i apologise & will remove this post.

whatever guys, ride safe!

all the best, steve

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Steve

I am one of the moderators on this site and what you have posted is fine by me.

It sounds like you have a b3 model there and we are most grateful that you at least have the respect to offer the bike to us looneys first.

I myself prefer the American CSR model so dont really have a great interest in yours but subject to your asking price im fairley sure one of the lads may well take you up on your offer. Do you have a price in mind?

The other alternative is that we try and persuade you to hang on to her and do her up. We can help you with any parts that you may need.

Cheers for now

KK

steve_icbinb
    Participant

Hi KK, thank you for that. i dont know which model she is ~ i original bought it to help a mate out (he needed the cash & i like the look), but only pottered around on the odd sunny days. She hasn’t been fired up for at least 5 years ~ i ‘spect the battery’s b*ggered, i could try charging it.
    Anyroad, hopefully you can see the pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16778440@N04/2315340678/

I’d like about ?350 (who wouldn’t?), but absolutely insist that any interested parties come & have a gander one sunday* (coffee’s ready 😀 ) before making any offers! (or tell me i’m taking the …..).
    Not in a hurry to sell, cash needed for planned crazy trip…next January.

BiqueToast
    Participant

Wow, man… that’s a really good looking machine compared to the impression you give of it in your writing. I was expecting a dust-covered rust-mound. This is a nice machine…

2315340660_71800200aa.jpg

steve_icbinb
    Participant

Thank you Sir, but pictures do ‘flatter’ bikes ~ on flickr site you can look at pics ‘original size’ – close up you can see the nicks & rusty bits (eg under the tank badge ~ i didn’t do that bodge repair) the seat base is a bit crusty , witness the black duct tape, exhausts are rotted out. Conversely, she used to run/ride okay, frame etc sound, wheels are good, & def had a new front disc at some point ~ s’thicker than a dealer’s wallet.
    Got an idea tho’… if anyone wanted a rideout in Kent, we could meet up (if you can bear to ride along with someone on a KLV1000 😀 ) & run down to Rye (brekky on me) or Box Hill (not as nice a run, but ‘famous’) -loads of bikes on a sunday, then meander back to my place, (Cliffe, Nr Rochester) to pick over the Z. It’s then only 20mins from M25/Dartford Tunnel & civilisation….Easter weekend coming up??

ps. i see no-one’s denied be a Z750 FETISHER 😉

steve_icbinb
    Participant

Thank you all for the interest in the old girl ~ i’m pleased to say i’ve been contacted, and have agreed to a viewing in the near future…(naturally now has first refusal 😉 ).
    Of course, the outcome will be posted here!
    😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this