The Lonesometwin 10th Anniversary

Home Forums General Ride Outs and Meets The Lonesometwin 10th Anniversary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’ll go 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

As some of you guys know 2015 is the 10th year of the lonesometwin.

I want us to get together as a club and do something a bit special for our 10th anniversary.

After much deliberation about camping weekends, road trips, touring abroad etc I have dismissed them all because we do not have enough active members to make this kind of thing viable so here is what I have come up with.

Every year down at the Ace Café in London they have a Kawasaki day. I have looked at many videos on Youtube but have not yet seen a single 750 twin there.

I have therefore decided to celebrate this milestone I will take my CSR 750 to the Ace Café on Kawasaki day 2015. Maybe I will be the first 750 twin to attend. Who knows?

I would dearly love as many of you to join me there on what will be a historic day for several reasons and turn up in force.

I do not know the date yet for Kawasaki day but it is usually held in April.

So come on guys n gals let’s get together and show the British biking world how serious our Twins are.

Here are a couple of links to 2014 Kawasaki day;

Part One

Part Two

I have set up a poll to see how many want to come. Can we beat the best UK meet of 6 750 twins?

As details become known I will keep you all posted.

KK

AtLarge
    Participant

10 years is quite a milestone. Congratulations to the site and best wishes for a good turn out. :pint:

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Excellent Kaye. We will have your bike running spot on by then and we shall meet at last.

Don’t forget to vote

Edmund
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Kawasaki Sunday is the 26th April and if i’m to go again on my G1 i need a good set of forks, Cheap. 😳

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Edmund
    Will be great if you can join us especially on a G model. Is it the full forks your looking for or just the tubes?

Edmund
    Participant

Just the tubes, I made the mistake of putting a tool roll on the front and you can guess the rest.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

MMM thought they would be the same as the B’s but Kawasaki are giving a different part number. I don’t know what the difference is but maybe it is something as simple as length as the springs are a different number too whereas the bottoms are the same. I am quite sure all your bits (mudguard, brakes etc) would fit on B forks which will go straight in and maybe Z650 too?

I’ve put a thread in the ‘Technical Stuff’ section

Tango
    Participant

Sorry I’ll be washing my hair!
    I know I am likely to take much grief over this. But alas that is the weekend before I go on holiday.

1)I need to keep my cash for while I’m away.
    2)It’s the last day we will have to get bits sorted, because of working before we fly out Saturday Am.

chrislwg
    Participant

I’d like to go Andy. Always fancied the Kawasaki Day.

philpassingham
    Participant

looks like its sunday the 22nd april

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Maybe it was 22nd in 2012 but this year it’s the 26th as in the link above 🙂

philpassingham
    Participant

looked on their webpage,calender on left is 22nd 2015,other side says 26th,40 years of the z1, not that clear,will leave to the so called experts in future

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That’s fair enough buddy. I hadn’t noticed that. I was told 26th so I just checked that out.

Are you coming down on the VN?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Nice one Chrislwg. Will sort route out to accommodate you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this