The Lonesometwin 10th Anniversary

Home Forums General Ride Outs and Meets The Lonesometwin 10th Anniversary

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

So is this it?

3?

We do have a couple more pending but come on guys its 10 years!!! Pull the stops out for the Lonesome

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

The response to this rideout is disappointing. People are happy moan about the lack of rides and meets we have. Where are you all now?

My understanding is 4 members are coming;

Kaptainkwak
    Chrislwg
    Yorkshire Kaye
    Lonesome

Come on guys lets get these bikes back on the map for the right reasons

lonesome
    Participant

Speaking as Lonesome I’m flattered that even 3 are going to make the trip, but I’ve got to say that the sound of a dozen or so of these things would frighten many horses and show the HD posers where they made their mistake. I’ll put feelers out on the Facebook groups, there’s still a lot around and a little momentum could get this thing snowballing.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Cheers Lonesome we need all we can get.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well we are still 4. I have a new member pending (the one in keep or sell thread) but we need more.

Aerial0 what about you? Chrislwg is your area so there is a companion straight away.

Did you have any joy on the social media Lonesome?

Come on guys there must be a few more. Let’s make it a record 6 at least.

lonesome
    Participant

Thanks for the prod 😉 Will get to it.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

So Is that it? Just the 4 of us?

100 members and only 4 are proud enough to celebrate. I had hoped for more support

Michael
    Participant

It is too bad that I can’t join you for this ride and to celebrate the 10th anniversary accordingly.

I would love to see pics of all of us in front of the ACE Cafe.
    Now I am looking forward to see pics of you girlZ and boyZ in front of the ACE Cafe !

This day it will be the AZE Cafe, for sure.

Have a lot of fun !
    I’ll be with you.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Cheers Michael

Proposed route is;

10.00 Welcome Break Forest East services. I will be there meeting Yorkshire Kaye and Chrislwg.

12.00 Newport Pagnell services. We meet up with Lonesome himself.

1.00 Arrive at Ace Café

If anyone else wishes please shout up and join us on route.

Here’s to a good rideout!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

With sadness guys n gals ‘m going to have to pull out of this one. I strained my wrist yesterday, the right one I had the operation on. I’ve little strength in it and don’t want to risk the riggers of a long ride.

Those who were coming feel free to go ahead and fly the flag.

I will arrange something else later this year. Maybe a few more will have fixed their machines by then and make the party bigger.

Sorry

KK

lonesome
    Participant

Oh well. Play another day then 🙁

lonesome
    Participant

Of course I might go on my Lonesome. It’s only proper.

lonesome
    Participant

Quick update – me & ChrisLWG are still going, but not expecting anyone else to. We’ll post some pics 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Cheers Guys

Sat here gutted. 🙁

Even the weather has taken a turn for the better. Glorious sunshine, ideal for riding.

Have a great day and safe ride.

Don’t forget the pics!!!

lonesome
    Participant

Well, that went surprisingly well, considering. The remaining LonesomeDuo ambled down the M1 without breaking down in any way, which I always consider a Win, but I suppose Chris treats as normal.
    Ace_Cafe_26_Apr_2015_02.jpg
    I reckon there were 80-90 bikes there, mostly Kwaks, but also mostly newish and plastic. I’d expected to be able to spot the Ace by the cloud of 2-stroke hanging over it, but there weren’t many triples at all, a bit sad really. We were the only Z750’s, there were 2 W650’s and not one Z400. They sold loads of Z400’s so strange not to see one. Obviously there were a few Z1’s, one of them a totally original shiny job, worth many many thousands.
    Ace_Cafe_26_Apr_2015_04.jpg
    I was well pleased that they were mostly being completely ignored, despite having pride of place at the front. Our bikes weren’t ignored at all. OK, Chris’s wasn’t ignored, people had taste. There was a steady stream of ‘customers’ rolling up to marvel at it, some of whom had predictably never seen one before.
    Ace_Cafe_26_Apr_2015_12.jpg
    I love this pic. Note the wide open spaces by the Z1’s, with Chris’s getting its usual attention far in the background.

The whole thing was a good friendly do, folk just chatting and drinking tea. Good tea too. I even got a rip-off T-shirt and some stickers like a proper tourist. I hope we can organise a better attended visit to one of these days, bringing our bikes to a wider audience who can only really remember the XS650. Cheers Chris 🙂
    Ace_Cafe_26_Apr_2015_18.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this