Uprated progressive fork springs and clutch springs.

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage Uprated progressive fork springs and clutch springs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    beachcomber
    Participant

Over the years I have had many speciality springs made and latterly for http://www.ramshox.com. – site is being replaced – but it will give you an idea.

I will be needing upgraded items for my Glemseck project.

Many of you will know that Redditch is the spring capital of the UK – remember “Terry’s Springs” ? You will if you’ve rebuilt many Brit bikes – best valve springs available – allegedly.

My tame spring man will make me just one set if I ask nicely, but as with the other springs now available from Realm Engineering, makes sense to have a batch made. Gets the cost down and everyone benefits from a bespoke product at an off the shelf price.

So, any interest ?

Particularly those peeps with the dreaded “air assist” front forks !

I did a replacement progressive fork spring for my Vindicator Cafe Racer [ Yamaha TR1 based }and it transformed the handling – not to mention a simplified set up and maintenance.

So here’s what I plan to investigate

Progressive fork springs
    Uprated clutch springs – say 25%- 30%

Anyone interested ?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I am definitely interested in the progressive fork springs but I would need an indication on price before I commit.

beachcomber
    Participant

KK – as ever, depends on quantities.

I developed the K100 springs shown and initially I had to commit to 20 springs [ 10 bikes ].

However, when the sales started to grow I could order in greater quantities [ 100 springs ], bringing the price down considerably to sub £75 / pair retail.

However, they were developed over 5 years ago, I will call in on my tame spring man as soon as I have a sample clutch spring to show him. I already have a stock KZ spring from my bike.

For the air assist spring replacements I will need some sort of spec / sample.

Incidentally, these springs are made from the same Swedish spring steel that top aftermarket spring manufacturers use.

I need to go ahead with the clutch springs anyway, but of course it doesn’t make sense to have just 1 or 2 sets made !

beachcomber
    Participant

I just paid a visit to my tame spring man.

Absolutely NO problem. He has ample stocks of the correct grade high quality spring wire to make both clutch and fork springs.

I WILL go ahead with the clutch springs anyway. I need to order 100 springs minimum, which is only 20 bike’s worth ! Just as a matter of interest I’ll check the price availability of OEM clutch springs.

The fork springs are another matter, as the unit cost is significantly higher – not huge, but I have to be certain there is interest before I commit to placing an order. However, I expect a unit cost of less than £75 / pair with an initial order of 50 springs.

Like I said – any interest ??

beachcomber
    Participant

To date I have the following info. on OEM and uprated [ Barnett ] clutch springs.

I’ve found new OEM springs at £7.00 each + p&p.

Barnett uprated [ 10 – 15% ] £43.50 [ from the USA ] but that doesn’t include any customs duty or VAT. That’s for a set [ 5 ].

I’m looking at 20% minimum uprated.

In minimum quantity it looks like around £5.00 per spring [ 20% uprated ].

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this