Reply To: Got a new project

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects Got a new project Reply To: Got a new project

Ankargren
Participant

Hi Guys,

Back in the Game! Been busy with other tasks last year….BUT now its TIME to continue the overhaul of my bike. I’ve decided that to replace the brake hoses and go over the rear part of the bike. I finally managed to get hold of a rear fender, not new but better then the old cracked one.

Went down to the local hose shop and they made new hoses for me for around 100 Euro, probably not the cheapest way but at least you support the local hard working guys.

Now I tared apart the rear swing arm and will pain all parts that is not in what I judge fixable. In the mean time I also took off a cover that was very corroded. Some grinding and metal prep over night will make it ready for paint.

Polished part seen below.

Poor 15 metal prep, use it for a lot of parts before paint.

Ready for Paint.

When waiting for metal prep doing its job, I polished the sprocket hub…

Ordered new sprockets and will after some tips of Michael go for the 38T on the rear wheel.  As I want everything to be as original as possible I ordered a sprocket from klasa, looks very close the the OEM one, at least one the picture they sent me…

As always appreciate all the tips and hints I can get!

Stay Tuned!

/David

Share this