Reply To: "Glemseck" [ and maybe "Tangerine Dream" ]

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports "Glemseck" [ and maybe "Tangerine Dream" ] Reply To: "Glemseck" [ and maybe "Tangerine Dream" ]

Kaptainkwak
Keymaster

AN AMMENDMENT TO THIS POST CAN BE SEEN A FEW POSTS DOWN

Production begins in September? WOW that is fast ha ha (I have confirmed he meant November)

So as we may know the 4 centre studs are not enclosed and therefore prone to corrosion and build up of road muck which in turn makes the barrels very difficult to remove. – None corroding bolts  – Problem solved.

Also it is a know fact that the most common failure of the head gasket is in the middle at the front. This could well be down to the front centre 2 studs stretching. Even Kawasaki saw an issue here as they designed in an extra bolt there. – None stretch bolts – Problem probably solved.

Obviously a cannot confirm this yet but from a design point of view it sounds very positive. The cost of £52 is approximately double the cost of pattern studs posted, if you can find them. That to me is money well spent if achieves either of the potential claims mentioned above.

I will have 2 sets of studs please.

I would also like 2 sets of clutch springs as well.

Have yourself a good trip mate.

Cheers

KK

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Kaptainkwak.
  • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Kaptainkwak.

Share this