Reply To: Hi from Karl

Home Forums New Member Introductions Hi from Karl Reply To: Hi from Karl

Karl
Participant

KK

Engine now stripped and cases cleaned out nothing else wrong found, lumpy bits in sump mainly silicate and gasket, very little metal. I have since spoken to fella who repairs blown up speedway engines, he thinks shells may have life left in them, suggested gentle polish with fine scotchbright and thin oil. Parts I will need, full gasket set, set of standard rings plus circlips, new camchain and second hand tensioner. I have found (but yet ordered) everything bar rings. Head will need a service, shims and maybe new valves z power has them in stock. Plan is to put motor back together and paint it black with polished outer cases and see how it goes. As for pictures I will have a, look see if I can find any, this bikes been in back of my garage for a while waiting its turn. Only the engine is kawasaki, front end is triumph, back wheel started life in an early xs650, the frame is one off built to good standard, but footrest brackets etc had been added by someone with no idea and have now been cut off and redone. I would think the bike would have been built in the mid eighties and has spend the majority of its life abandoned in a shed, a damp shed. It was missing a lot of parts and was very rusty. I live in Northwich Cheshire which is also very damp at the moment

Karl

Share this