Re: Re: Glemseck – thinking aloud

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports Glemseck – thinking aloud Re: Re: Glemseck – thinking aloud

beachcomber
Participant

The Flat Tracker “Tangerine Dream” is finally morphing into “Glemseck” – the Sixties style Cafe Racer – Turbo’d !

I already have some old style Tarozzi clip ons [ correct size ! ]and a choice of seat bases, although I’ll probably go with the AJS 7R style.

I’m just waiting for some measurements to come through before committing / ordering the following.

The fairing top will give me somewhere to hang the various gauges [ boost, oil pressure for Turbo and engine ]and eventually nitrous oxide paraphenalia. Maybe even the NOS bottle.

The Manx “tank” is in fact a cover only. That means I can use a stock steel KZ tank without having to worry about ethanol etc., but still have the styling I want.

I will be on the lookout for the smallest tank that will fit [ one of the custom jobbies ? ]and of course the cosmetic condition is irrelevant – in fact the more battered – the cheaper – I can use that. As long as it’s sound and petrol proof it will do.

Big shout out again for Kennys for the loan of sump and various bits so I can continue the mock up.

Share this