The cam chain adjuster is fully manual to set.
1. Ensure the cams are correctly timed and the rocker cover is in place.
2. Assemble the plunger and spring inside the housing and screw in with your fingers until it becomes tight. Do NOT fit the locknut at this stage.
3. Check the end of the plunger shaft to see where it is in relation to the housing. If it is inwards then the housing needs to be screwed in further until the end of the shaft is flush with the housing face. If the plunger protrudes then the housing needs to be screwed out.
4. Rotate the engine by hand several times and watch the plunger move slightly in and out. Stop rotating when the plunger is at its farthest out position and screw the housing so its face is flush with the end of the plunger shaft.
5. Screw the locknut on and nip it up in place to prevent the housing from moving.
6. Rotate the engine by hand again to make sure the plunger does not protrude and adjust if necessary.
7. Re fit the cover ensuring the ‘O’ ring seal is in good order to prevent oil leakage.