13000 mile yank import z750b

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects 13000 mile yank import z750b

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Laudanum
    Participant

its been seen mate,worth watching 😀

Laudanum
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

the big question is what’s involved in sorting out the paperwork ??
    an invoice from the inland revenue perhaps ??
    cry

Laudanum
    Participant

If its got a customs release form and due to its age all you’d have to do is get
    an mot stating the chassis number and book it in at your local dvla office and
    pay the road tax when they issue an age related plate, I’ve registered a couple of imports.

Oops should point out that if it has been imported as ‘spares’ without the title document from the country of origin you would need to get a dating
    certificate from an owners club recognized by the dvla, however this is unlikely in this case as customs tend to frown on imported bikes being
    brought in whole for spares as they view it as a tax dodge unless you are a registered breaker.

Anonymous
    Inactive

thank you sir,
    but despite your positive reply , which should give anyone considering purchasing the bike confidence ….
    i have just about had it with government agencies .
    the years are correct on the v5c for both my 1978 b3 from the usa , and my 1979 b4 from canada .
    how the import papers said 1974 when the first sales across the pond were late 1975 early 1976 beats me ?
    i’m sure the issue could be sorted with the aid of various clubs , but i don’t think it would help the price ??
    shock

Laudanum
    Participant

It depends to a large extent on the local office you use, I’ve registered a variety of oddballs (imports, trikes and chops etc.) and my local dvla office is
    pretty helpful, had dealings with a couple of other offices and they were a bunch of miserable cxxts.

speedy
    Participant

😆 as long as you have a recipt from the bike shop you buy it from their is no problem if not you need the custom papers to register it the rules on duty are it must be more than ten years old and have more than 10,000 miles on the clock it has to have an MOT (with chassis number on) and a letter from Kawasaki house confirming the model cost ?15.00 then a registration pack which you get from a local DVLA office it cost ?19 for the log book and you have to pay for 12 months tax

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this