Any alternatives to the B2 long rear mudguard

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage Any alternatives to the B2 long rear mudguard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

Looking at my rear mudguard i wan’t something perhaps a little shorter and narrower,

Has anyone found if any other mudguards will fit?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Jontfosi and welcome to the forum.

Have you considered the American shorter mudguard?

It is plug and play but you would have to reposition the rear indicators.

I have a couple here depending on what you want.

Cheers

KK

Jon
    Participant

Hi

I do prefer the shorter american one – let me know what sort of price you are after.

I’ll be stripping my one down soon for a repaint of the frame.  I was looking at my front mudguard and it has bout 6 dimples down each side near the brackets where it must have been spot welded. What i’m thinking is i’ll fill these to make them smooth and the colour code either black or match the tank?  and if i do that then i’d probably do the same to the rear mudguard

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Jon

I have a pair of mudguards that have been powder coated. This is a chrome effect and very good. Obviously the colour could be changed.

What condition are your mudguards in? Do you have pictures?

Maybe we could work out some kind of a deal?

Cheers

KK

Jon
    Participant

I was thinking of keeping my long version just incase i want to put it all back to how it came out of the shop (uk spec)

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Now that I applaud Jon. My preference is original.

I have sent you a PM re the mudguards shown.

Cheers

KK

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Jon

Here is a USA style mudguard suitable for painting. Sickly and very poor attempted paint job but good underneath. It is solid and possibly even good enough for cleaning and re chroming.

PM sent with details.

KK

Jon
    Participant

Hi KK

I’ve started stripping the bike down and i’m reliant on good weather since i have to do most of it outside. When i get nearer the end i’ll see what i need and give you a shout.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this