B1 owner

Home Forums New Member Introductions B1 owner

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chrislwg2
    Participant
    1. Morning all, I have been a member before  but having not been on for a very long time thought I would renew my membership . I have a B1 I’ve had from new. Restored it in 1999 and am still using it. A very under rated bike in its day .
    coleighf
    Participant

Hi Chris. I had a B1 from new in 1976 until 1980 and loved it, always regretted letting it go. Absolutely agree how under-rated it was, but sadly motorcycling has always been subject to b*** ***t and fashion nonsense, it still is. Most that criticise particular bikes have never even ridden one, or at least not for far enough to find out what it’s really like. If you look elsewhere on this site you will see that I’ve got hold of a 1978 B3 from the USA and I’m having it restored to as new, but to UK spec rather than US, it’s currently with Mavericks Motorcycles in Wales. I can’t wait to ride it, but Lord knows when that will be with current CV19 problems!

chrislwg2
    Participant

Hi coleoghf,

Like all things trends come and go. With the retro  bikes around at the moment maybe the z750 twin might become more popular, possibly  more so than when it was new.

chris

coleighf
    Participant

You could be right Chris. At the moment most people don’t know it existed!
    Colin.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Welcome back on board Chris. Always good to have you around with your knowledge and passion.

Price usually goes up with demand. Prices have gone up considerably so demand must be increasing too.

I’ve now fully stripped my B1 and it will be getting refurbed over the next few weeks. I can’t wait to show her off in her new glory

chrislwg2
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Glad to see your still running the show. Without you there would be nowhere to get info on the old twin, plus it gives new owners  contacts for any problem they might have,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this