B1, restoration and slight Caferacer conversion

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects B1, restoration and slight Caferacer conversion

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Have a trailer this weekend and moved the Twin to our private “bike-building-garage” to get the recessed rear frame welded on in new position.
    We meet there every Friday evening.
    Will be done within the next few weeks.
    Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

The rear light and it’s holder is welded to the frame in new position.
    Looks good.

Engine is out of the frame and is already blasted with dry ice (carbon dioxid snow?).
    The result is pretty awesome and the cost was below 100,- Euros.

Don’t have good photos on hand, just one of the separate blasted sprocket cover.
    I am sure you know, how the inside of such a cover of a chain-driven bike may look like.
    Now it is perfectly clean – and the complete engine as well.

Next step is to strip the whole bike and get the frame, swingarm and some other parts sand-blasted and powder coated.

In parallel the front fork, wheels and brakes should get their rework.

Base plate of the seat is still a challenge !

I have bought the used instruments of a Honda XBR500, as I use them on my first Twin for more than 20 years now and they can be mounted way lower than the stock ones. Control lights are integrated, manual driven speed counter and electronic rev counter. Even the “red area” matches that of a Twin.
    (Pic shows the ones, that are in use on my first Twin, not yet mounted on this latest Twin)

Slight progress, but it is moving on 😉

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Well, at least I have managed to get all the parts into handy pieces this year.

Will move on the next days 😉

Cheers, Michael

PS: Electrical connection is from right hand bar switch and can’t be unplugged.
    Had to cut that off, but cable colors are original. Will rebuilt that with a multi-connector plug.

Michael
    Participant

Good start into 2017 !

I carried the frame into the living room, close to the oven(?).

Maria wants to clean it all up and to polish it.
    She’s the best !

AtLarge
    Participant

She’s a keeper! And so is the bike. 😉

Michael
    Participant

I was working on the redesign of the seat plate and already lowered the grab rail.
    Grab rail is unchanged, just filed a “long” hole into the frame and used Inbus / allen head screws to fix it.
    Cut the rear frame today to get an even surface to put the stock plastic caps in again.
    Fitted the plastic side cover of a G-model and will fit a “like new” grab rail (thanX to KK for both of that!).
    Will paint the welding area and some mechanical damages with rust preventer and black gloss color by brush.
    No rust in any angle/corner of this frame, lucky me !
    Ok, I know where I have to clean the frame even better, but overall it is in brilliant condition !
    Looking forward to see the result 😉
    Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Oh, I have spent 200,- Euros for Clip-ons !

After initial tests with cheap, chromed steel Fehling clip-ons (~70,- Euros) I was not satisfied:
    http://www.fehling.de/index.php?content=preise&lenkerid=8&lang=de
    Click on any “picture” link at left hand side of the list to see the make of these simple clip-ons.

I have invested that much money in the best clip-ons I know. Telefix Profi !
    Made in Germany and the manufacturer is just 50 km / 30 miles away from my home.
    Think global, act local.
    http://www.telefix-products.de/product.php?id_product=117

Both above mentioned clip-ons have the german TÃœV-approval and are legal for road use.

I don’t trust the good looking, cheap billet clip-ons from China and they do not have the required TÃœV-approval.

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this