Best bit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    marksav
    Participant

is for me the engine work !

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I must be honest I love that bit too. I’ve spent the last few weeks in my garage restoring my B1. I thing the nicest part is the smell of oil when I open the garage door.

KK

marksav
    Participant

Yes, so long as it isn’t ep90 gear oil ,that smells awful!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yeah. That smells like a cat with a serious bladder problem.

Furiousjammin
    Participant

Serious question, how many hours of engine work do you reckon it took you guys before you got confident and enjoyed that side of it. It just seems so dau ting having not stripped an engine before. They are a thing of beauty, but daunting.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I am a design engineer by trade so understanding how things work is second nature to me and at my age I do have many hours of stripping and rebuilding both bike and car engines. The manual is very good at explaining things. It has to be followed to the letter and if that’s done it can’t go wrong. The skill is knowing and understanding what it is telling you to do. If you doubt yourself then I would suggest to not even start. If you are confident you can do it then I am happy to help guide you through it.

Cheers

KK

Furiousjammin
    Participant

Im an office monkey by trade. I had a lot of exposure to bikes growing up as my best mate was a Professional Speedway rider so i spent a lot of time around bikes and helping out but engines i never touched.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this