Brake refurb question

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage How To Fix It Brake refurb question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wedge
    Participant

I have a pic!

Part in question is sitting on the carrier towards the left, just next to the stubs (taped off) that they mount to…

6646742491_3a54986a22.jpg

dougyt
    Participant

Not 100% sure but I think the caps you have are just to hold the o rings which act as a dust seal to prevent the sliders from getting full of crap as the caliper has to slide.

Not too sure about the big washers and can’t get to my manual or spares as the garage is full of stuff from our loft.

Don’t know if this will help with parts
    WeMoto
    or
    Z-Power

wedge
    Participant

Granted this would be easier with a pic but I don’t have one so on a B2…

On the rear brake carrier where the bolts pass through stubs moulded into the carrier, I have some tin caps which the o-rings fit into.

One is missing, one distorted and one more or less destroyed but I can’t find them on a parts diagram. There were some shreds of rubber attached which I’m assuming are the “dust shield” on the fiche.
    Fiche also shows 2 items merely called “plug” which look like a thick washer – I don’t have these.

So my questions are:

Are the tin caps part of the dust shield?

If not does anyone have a part number for them?

Do I need the plugs?

Do the plugs go on the outside of the caliper as a washer under the nuts or inside?

wedge
    Participant

They definitely hold the o-rings, every rebuild kit I can find has rubber dust seals which I assume go over the top of these but hard to tell as I literally just had shreds of rubber left in mine. I’m hoping when I order the rubber parts that the tinnies are inside.

I think I’ve managed to answer my own question on where the “plug”/spacers go as I was just going off the fiche but the manual has a clearer pic. I still don’t have any but I’m sure I can get some nice thick washers, I can’t see exact thickness being an issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this