Brand new!

Home Forums New Member Introductions Brand new!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    thepiewalker
    Participant

Hi,

Just joined this very interesting forum as I’ve just brought myself a 1978 Kawasaki Z750 Twin Brat Scrambler. It was originally converted by Twinthing in Portmouth, who I believe do conversions as a hobby in their spare time.

The style of the bike is great but the quality of components could better which is where I come in! I’ve got some experience on the spanners (enough to get by) and a good budget to update, shocks, brakes, exhaust system etc and get the bike well sorted.

I rode the bike a few times when it first arrived and loved it apart from the ridiculous tyres. Gonna go for a set of those tyres they put on the new Ducati Scramblers that perform on the road and look the scrambler part.

My other beast is a 2011 Kawasaki ZZR1400 so this is quite different. Chuffed to have the Z750 as it means I can get stuck into some R&M without all the modern gadgets. Just me, some spanners and a straight forward engine.

See the pics and I will be in the forums for some advise soon.

I’ve already come up against an issue. Z-power tell me kawasaki no longer make air inlet rubbers for between the carbs and the head! Brilliant.

Thanks and see you in the forums

Luke

AtLarge
    Participant

Very nice! I kinda like the knobbies for a change.

thepiewalker
    Participant

Yeh they look the business they just don’t fill you with confidence on the corners!

philpassingham
    Participant

welcome to the forum,remember to keep your hand on your wallet when kk is about

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum. It is the one we were watching on ebay. Started at £3250 but guess (hope) you didn’t pay that lol.

Had my first ride on nobblies in ages last year. Had forgotten how they wanted to walk sideways round corners.

We have an answer to the carb inlet rubbers. Buy a pair of universal steering rack gaiters and cut to suit.

thepiewalker
    Participant

Bewdy. First question answered!

I didn’t pay £3250, in fact I paid quite a bit over a 3rd less than that so didn’t get ripped off!

Michael
    Participant

Hi Luke,

welcome to the forum !
    Nice bike 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

We are here to help.

Was down your way in summer of 2013 with Tango on our big bikes. Did a bit of a tour of Devon and Cornwall. Beautiful ares

thepiewalker
    Participant

I’m intrigued now KK. Big bikes?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’ve 8 bikes in total at the moment. 4 CSR’s one B1, a KMX125, a Lifan 125 pit bike and a ZRX1200R in Lawson colours of course 😀

Tango has a Honda CB1000 Big One.

Off to Wales in July on the big boys for a bit of a tour.

I tried the ZZR1400 before I bought my REX. It was a bit to big for me as I am only 5′ 7″ and yes they are very different machines for different jobs

Michael
    Participant

Who else got “big” bikes despite the Z750Twins ?
    Maria has her Yamaha YZF600R “Thundercat” and I have a “Kawasaki” labeled Honda VFR750F, both 98 HP (which is a certain insurance level in Germany). More power is the “open class” and costs about double the insurance of the 98 HP limit bikes.

Cheers, Michael

thepiewalker
    Participant

Nice. My last bike was a GSX 1400 so I’m a big bike fan also. Love the big ZRX.

AERIAL0
    Participant

Hi and welcome to the club.Im new myself and cannot praise the members enough with all the help and advice given to restore my Z750.
    All the best with yours and keep us all informed re your progress.
    Other bikes being Z1300,Ducati 749.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this