cable crimping tool

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage How To Fix It cable crimping tool

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

as mentioned in another thread, I decided to buy a special cable crimping nipplers.

Today was the first use, except some test crimpings before.

The task was to crimp the very small male connector pins as used in multi-pole connectors (e.g. handle bar, etc.)

The result is awesome !
    Like the original quality !
    Absolute no comparison to any cheap crimping, or more exactly: squeezing tool.

I am happy now to have these nipplers 🙂

Have a look:
    Picture 3 shows a detail, when a connector is inserted and the nipplers are spanned a little bit. It is self-fixing and hold the connector in this position. A stripped cable can be inserted, positioned and then press the nipplers firmly. It will only release and open again, if the pressure was high enough to achieve the desired result.

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

more pictures:

Michael
    Participant

another pair of cables (pointless LTD ignition) that received new connectors:

Michael
    Participant

looking forward to rewire the JoH with this tool !

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I am impressed with that tool Michael. Have you posted details? I think I am going to get one as I have very little faith in the standard crimp type connectors

Michael
    Participant

http://www.louis.de/_40be5a350b96df4c24a39094effe01f9db/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=10002880

It is 40,- Euros and there are three different interchangeable brackets for different connector types included.

Crimped two blue coated connectors today (6,3mm flat connector) after changing the brackets, result is perfect as well.

You need to do some test crimping to understand how it works and how to handle it, but final result is really impressive !!!

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this