Carb vents b1 model

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage How To Fix It Carb vents b1 model

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    padders
    Participant

Quick question on the carbs on my b1 the two vacuum takeoff or vents are connected to each other with one line. Should these be capped off individually or vented separately or left as they are.

Thanks

Michael
    Participant

Hi Padders,

due to my lack of understanding the english language, I can’t clearly identify which tubes you mean.
    A pic would help.

Is it the common tube between the intake boots? Where the vacuum gauges are to be connected during service?
    You may seal them individually or leave the common connection tube, up to you as long as they are sealed.

Is it connected to the carb housing ?
    That is carb ventilation / overflow.
    Diameter is small, but there shouldn’t be any issue in connecting them together with a T-piece and have single air intake/drain line.
    The end(s) must be open!
    Letting the air in is much easier than getting the fuel out of the bowls 😉
    FOT and it’s fuel demand must be covered by the air intake.

Cheers, Michael (from Germany)

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello Padders. That is right connected with a tube. They could have individual caps on if you prefer. They are the connection points for vac gauges when balancing the carbs so just need blanking off for normal running

padders
    Participant

Cheers guys appreciate the replys will leave the connector tube in place then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this