Clutch Push Rod

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Has anyone got a spare Clutch Push Rod?

Mine is showing deep rotation wear damage at the Clutch end. Will need to take the clutch apart to see if there are any problems on that side to cause the damage but would like to replace the rod

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

be careful as there were clutch pushrods with 7 mm or 8 mm diameters used !
    Didn’t found out yet why and with which models, but they are existing in two versions !

What is the rod’s diameter you are looking for ?

http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-1982-kz750-m1-csr-twin_model15522/partslist/6473.html#results

There should be a steel ball (part numbered as 600 in linked diagram) in the clutch assambly(?) existing.
    Push rod is working against this ball and that keeps the rod from spinning with the clutch.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Very Useful information and help there Michael. Thank You. As it happens I had just measured mine at 8mm as part of my clutch conversion.

I have checked the link you posted at CMSNL but the item is not available through them so I am still hunting guys

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

I have one but would like to keep it 🙂

If you urgently need one and can’t get an other one, I can send it to you.
    It has some wear marks as well but I would use it as it is.

Cheers, Mike

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is very kind Michael. I can borrow one from my spare engine for the trip if I need to but I will want to replace it if I can because I will obviously need it one day hopefully soon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this