csm timing issues resolved

Home Forums General Everything Else csm timing issues resolved

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    speedy
    Participant

but wot is good weather,is it some strange southern concept?????

speedy
    Participant

😈 took the bike to the shop to have the new adjustable cam wheels fitted so that i could drag a few more ponies out of the 997 zx lump

the next day the mechanic rings to ask if i had had the engine running which was a bit puzzling as i had took it for its mot at the same place two months earlier anyway cut a long story short the exhaust cam was set 4 teeth out the previous owner had changed the cam chain but set the cams to the inside timing mark and not the outer ones

well shes all back together and the difference is increadable their is no hesitation on the revs now and the tick over doesnt die on the over run somthing which its done since fitting the engine

all we need now is some sunny weather an open motorway and no traffic cars and then i can put her though her paces 😆

dougyt
    Participant

Good to hear you got it sorted, and we’re all hoping for that good weather for riding again.

Laudanum
    Participant

Blimey, four teeth out, I’m surprised the valves aren’t in the sump!
    Spose its cos they are wee four valve per pot thingys….

speedy
    Participant

😈 micro valves on a four but what is more suprising is that it was running four teeth retarded so the piston was half way up on the exhaust stroke before the valve opened and halfway down the cylider on the induction stroke before it closed so half the new air/fuel mixture went down the bloody exhaust 😯

Laudanum
    Participant

You’d be surprised how far out an engine can be and still run.

speedy
    Participant

😆 got my rubber under pants ready for the road test 😆

Laudanum
    Participant

Surely no underpants and a kilt would be a better bet?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this