DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN’S RIDE

Home Forums General Ride Outs and Meets DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN’S RIDE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride is all about dapper suits, classic bikes, laughter and men. This motorcycle ride takes place annually in over 220 cities worldwide on the same day. The only event of its kind, the ride is dedicated to raising funds to combat prostate cancer, the disease that affects 1 in 8 men worldwide.

In 2014 Triumph decided that the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride captures everything to be celebrated about motorcycling, and so proudly supported the 2014 ride. With over 20,000 riders taking part in 57 different countries across the globe, the DGR raised over £900,000!

In 2015 Triumph will be supporting the ride more than ever to help the chaps over at the DGR push their total even higher!

See more at: http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/distinguished-gentlemans-ride#sthash.Ws01bEt1.dpuf

Myself and Tango are looking at joining in on either the Manchester or North Wales rides and flying the Lonesome Flag. Join in with us or find your own local ride.

Click the banner at the top of any page to register.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Duffy
    Participant

I understand girls are welcome support this good cause aswell. Will anyone be joining a group in the south?

Duffy

Tango
    Participant

Woohoo
    Bike has Passes her MOT,
    So once I tax her tomorrow, I’m all legal on the road again.

My Distinguished Gentleman gear is coming in through the post at a steady rate! I’m going to be set in no time at all!! 🙂

Tango
    Participant

I am hoping to get my wife in on this to. I’m sure with some friendly persuasion between myself and Kk we can get her on-board for a good cause!

Most likely going to be the Manchester run for us, as this is our most local.

Duffy
    Participant

I’ve registered for the Southampton ride, is anyone else joining this group?

Duffy

http://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/trudietravers

lonesome
    Participant

I’d def be up for Coventry, where apparently I’d be on my Lonesome hahaha.

Duffy
    Participant

Ha I feel sorry for the lonesome on the Isle of Wight he’ll have to do a few lonely laps!!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well Tango, his wife Sam and myself have officially registered for the this ride. We have also been collecting the attire required to look the part. I will post pictures soon.

I have set a fund raising target of £500. This is a big task. Hopefully if any of you cannot attend a rideout you will still play your part and sponsor me and help me chase down my target.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Info has come through and my registration is now official.

On Sunday the 27th of September, I am going to don my finest threads and ride my 1981 Kawasaki 750 CSR twin in the 2015 Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride in Manchester to help find a cure for prostate cancer. Why? Because over 1,300 men a day die of prostate cancer worldwide, and that’s something we aim to stop. All donations will help The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride to fund research into a cure for a disease that claims far too many gentlemen each and every year.
    Please get involved in your best dressed way to battle prostate cancer and sponsor my ride
    You can sponsor me direct by visiting Gentlemensride and enter my name (Andy Eaton) in the ‘Find a rider’ box at the top right corner.

Thank you all who donate to me or any other members doing the ride in their areas.

Respect to you all

AtLarge
    Participant

Good for you. They are having one of those group rides here too.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Cheers AtLarge

Will you be doing the one near you?

AtLarge
    Participant

Hoping to. Ours is October 10th. Gotta wait until my scheduler (aka the wife) gives me the green light. 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Bikes ready for Sunday

AtLarge
    Participant

Looks good KK. Had my dates mixed up. Ours is this Sunday too and the weatherman predicts plenty of sunshine and 80 degrees. We’ll ride together in spirit and for the cause. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this