Doug’s bike report

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports Doug’s bike report

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dougyt
    Participant

So the bike’s booked in for this Saturdy (27th March) for its MoT test. Still got to take the covers off yet though 😛

philpassingham
    Participant

fingers crossed mate

dougyt
    Participant

Bloody typical, rained every night as I leave work. Rain forecast for Friday night and Saturday so I’ll be getting wet to prepare for the mot and when I take it there. 👿

dougyt
    Participant

Friday afternoon I managed to get the cover off between downpours (showers if you’re our local weather reporter grrr). All lights checked out ok. Four kicks saw the engine fire up. So now I’m just twiddling my thumbs before the 10:30 MOT

dougyt
    Participant

It’s a yes from him who issues the MoT certificates, so next up is the taxation for the first of April 🙂

philpassingham
    Participant

gives me motivation to get mine sorted 😀

dougyt
    Participant

Get out there and do some work on it then yer lazy fecker

dougyt
    Participant

Now the tax is bought and paid for too. So it’s ready to ride on the first cloudless day.

philpassingham
    Participant

your hopeing there,cloudless indeed,

dougyt
    Participant

Not a lot been happening, but I am planning to take her for an MOT in the next week or so ready for taxing on the 1st April. Hope it goes well. Meantime I gotta change the fork oil and fill to the correct level.

dougyt
    Participant

I spent a morning repairing little things on the bike yesterday. Improved the handling quite a bit with the correct amount of new oil in the forks, sliding the overlength Z650 forks through the yokes to get the same ride height as the originals. Also put bulbs in the speedo and upped the tyre pressures from 10psi 😮 to around 38 psi.

In depth read at http://www.z750twinproject.info

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this