elctrickery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    philpassingham
    Participant

electrickery not being my prefered subject i aint got a fecking clue,i have a couple of combined units in the parts emporium you can try if needed 😀

dougyt
    Participant

The most likely fault is going to be the wiring into the headlight unit where it can get cut by the edges as it goes in. Also check where the wiring comes around the headstock as that is prone to cracking the insulation due to the flexing as the steering is turned.

I’d have to look through the wiring diagram to find out more though. I am assuming the headlight bulb is OK and not blown and shorting inside (it happened to me recently).

rustyrims
    Participant

Thanks Phil.
    See you Saturday.

rustyrims
    Participant

I’ve got a problem with my fuses blowing (mine and the flipping bikes)
    The head light fuse blows when I turn on the lights. The red/white wire on the solenoid side of the fuse conector is permenantly live. Is this normal? It points to a faulty rec/reg unit to me, but I’ve replaced it with an old Honda one, which could also be cacked , I suppose.
    Any ideas anyone?

rustyrims
    Participant

Thanks Doug.
    I had a bite to eat and a cuppa while staring at the wiring diagram and a few Ideas came to me. I went back to the sod, did a bit more multimetering and realised that there is no white wire coming from the reg/rec unit, so the cicuit is getting the alternators full output I think (hope). Phil comes galloping to the rescue with some spare units. Yay.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this