Electronic Ignition for ’77 Z750 twin?

Home Forums The Trading Post Bike Related Sales and Wants Electronic Ignition for ’77 Z750 twin?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steve_Chambers
    Participant
    Steve_Chambers
    Participant

I have been trying to find an electronic ignition setup, but no luck.

Does anyone have , or can get, the pickup etc from an ’80 or ’81 LTD 750? This seems to be the only way to go.

Not enough sold here in Oz to pick one up at a wrecker/breaker!

Thanks a million, Steve

BiqueToast
    Participant
    Steve_Chambers wrote:
    I have been trying to find an electronic ignition setup, but no luck.

Does anyone have , or can get, the pickup etc from an ’80 or ’81 LTD 750? This seems to be the only way to go…

Yep, now that Newtronic has been bought by Autocar, they aren’t manufacturing their Electronic ignition for 750 twins anymore, but you still might find them out there somewhere (eBay, etc).

Of course, Dyna does not make them specifically for this bike. One guy on another forum has touted his way of using half of a Dyna S (which has/needs no separate brain unit) for his twin.

Boyer-Bransden was contacted by some other people at a different forum and they said you could build one out of their parts.

Then of course, like you mentioned, there’s the later twin’s electronic ignition from Kawasaki. Those parts are coveted on eBay, I myself have even got a set there that I intend to use next year…

Good luck, and keep us abreast of your progress!!

Laudanum
    Participant

You can fit the whole lot off a 440 twin or use half of an early four pot 750 setup. I’ve already hoarded a 440 set for my chop. 😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

any offers on which is the better of the two options ?

the newtronic/pirhana electronic ignition system ,

or the late model 1982 KZ750 M1 CSR / 1981 KZ440 B2 system …
    igniter 21121-1041 and coil pulsing 59026-1010

as i’m still undecided as to which one i might fit ?

Laudanum
    Participant

i’d hang on for a kawasaki igniton, the newtronic and pirhana stuff is a bit amateur hour really, boyer is ok but I know which one I prefer.

Laudanum
    Participant

Dyna is the daddy, easy to wire and it would set fire to a bucket of piss.
    Pricey but well worth it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this