European Twin Meeting 2014 in France ?

Home Forums General Ride Outs and Meets European Twin Meeting 2014 in France ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That would be 533 miles for me. Perfectly rideable. Hope i could fit that in with my other trips in 2014

Tango
    Participant

Hmmmmm?

Now that sounds interesting?

Im Game and with this much notice! Thers plenty of time to save up some beer tokens! :pint:

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,

we have some time to prepare that meeting 😉

Fr. 13. June 2014 is full moon, that is the weekend after Pentecost.

Would that work with you ?
    Just as a first proposal 😉
    Have to check where that is the end of the pentecost holidays!

The following weekend (Fr. 20th) is my 48th birthday 😉

Cheers,
    Michael

Tango
    Participant

I was planning to go over to France early in June. But that could be changed.

I think a few days postponement and a meet for your 48th Birthday sounds like a worth while exercise, If for no other reason it would be a good preparation for your 50th!! :pint: :pint: 😀

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,

just a suggestion for a possible nice location is north of
    Charleville-M

Michael
    Participant

Sounds good 😉

I have already some plans to go to Norway, “Lofoten”, approx 800 km south of the North Cape for my 50th birthday at 20th June in 2016 😉

I have never been there, but have heard some nice stories about the “Lofoten”. It is just 4.000 km / 2.500 miles single way from my home ;-)))

As 21. June is Summer Solstice and in 2016 it is full moon as well I try to get there and having a birthday party at 24h of daylight and the moonlight in addition 😉

We will visit the Wrenchmonkees in Kopenhagen on this tour. Maybe they want to come with us 😉

Total min. travel duration: 21 days!

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,

we had the german Twin meeting 2013, which was fabulous !
    http://www.z750twin.de/treffen_2013.htm

I spoke with all attendees during the “dinner ceremony” (gave out some cups at the fire) about a 2nd international Z750Twin meeting in 2014.

There was positive feedback ;-)))
    We thought about a meeting in France, Belgium or the Netherlands.

There was the suggestion to have the meeting in an ex-abbey, now used as party location and “hotel” in the Netherlands.
    That abbey is close to a german city named Aachen. Distance to London is approx. 320 miles.
    Will receive more information about that in the next few weeks.

What do you think ?

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It sounds like good entusiasm there and i hope we can get some here too. That sounds a great place to start.

Is this it by chance? abbey-hotel-rolduc

Tango
    Participant

Just Spoke to KK about the 2014 Meet I’m up for it! My Twin is so close to done now I can taste it!

I have to book my 2014 Holidays with Work on the 1st October, It would be better for me If we could look at May or June or possibly the 2nd week in September on, As these will be easier to get authorized by my Boss, hence giving me a better chance of attendance! 🙂

Michael
    Participant

So what about the weekend starting Fr. 13th of June 2014?
    Michael
    Let’s investigate about holidays, public/bank holidays in BENELUX/FR, UK and DE!

chrislwg
    Participant

I’d like to add my name to the list. The only fly in the ointment would be if my brother decides to get married the same weekend, but at the moment it dosn’t look like it will be.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Chris,

would be a pleasure to see you again 😉

What about your brothers wedding plan?

Cheers,
    Michael

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this