Evenin’ all

Home Forums New Member Introductions Evenin’ all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dougyt
    Participant

Great to see some more new faces, and look forward to seeing what you do with the Z750. Pictures are always welcome here.

philpassingham
    Participant

good to have you here sir,photos welcome 😀

wedge
    Participant

Hi and welcome.

They make nice flattrackers

gr8fulzed
    Participant

bikepics-2231887-full.jpg

bikepics-2232529-full.jpg

bikepics-2232524-full.jpg

gr8fulzed
    Participant

bikepics-2232529-full.jpg

bikepics-2231887-full.jpg

bikepics-2232524-full.jpg

gr8fulzed
    Participant

not sure what happened there, seemed to go tits up when i submitted after previewing.
    Anyway, bike shows 34000 miles. Pics as it was when i got it.
    Not done anything major yet, just the basics to get it running after it had been dry stored for 6+ years. Starter just spins but started 2nd kick and idled ok until i touched the throttle.
    The z650 tail has been taken off, i have a correct b2 tail and seat i won on ebay but as i say, not sure what i’m doing with it yet.
    It’s missing an air filter, return throttle cable and a chain. I think it will tidy up ok. Only bad rust is on the bracket that the electrics fit to. That’s about it. I am in Aylesbury, Bucks by the way.

dougyt
    Participant

Hey Gr8fulzed thanks for posting the pics, after this is posted I will tidy up the post which the site screwed up (I know there are problems after the preview is used with pics but don’t know the cure).
    I’m only down the road at Milton Keynes so if you need anything I might have just yell.

gr8fulzed
    Participant

Cheers DougyT, thats good to know. The main part i’m struggling to find at a reasonable price is the throttle return cable, its only got the pull cable. I wonder if there’s an alternative i could use from a different model?

wedge
    Participant

Must be someone near an old school bike shop that can get them made up, don’t have one myself else the chap down the road could do it using that as the template.

Normally a lot cheaper than you expect it to be. You want an old duffer that does brit bikes, not some spotty oik who wouldn’t know where his #OOPS# was if it didn’t come in a packet from the wholesaler.

scruffyrd
    Participant

I may be wrong but I believe the return cable is the same as the ‘pull’ on the Z. Mine certainly look identical and looking on ‘kawasaki.com’ they only list one part no for the throttle cable. 😮

I’m sure someone will correct me 😛

gr8fulzed
    Participant

That’d be ideal if they are identical cables, i can’t imagine why they’d be different. i have a good old brit bike mechanic nearby who has always helped me out and does my mot’s too; i will give him a shout. good stuff, cheers.

gr8fulzed
    Participant

Hi, just signed up. Bought a non-runner z750 b2 a couple of months ago very cheap as i fancied another old air cooled zed to tinker with. It’s mostly all there, not exactly original but i got it running last weekend so it’s looking positive so far. Toying with the idea of a flat tracker but not sure yet. Hoping to find lot’s of help and ideas from you guys on here. I will get some pics up over the weekend. Cheers!

dougyt
    Participant

I’ll check the garage for the cable, might be one around.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this