feed back info please

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage How To Fix It feed back info please

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Evil Twin
    Participant

ok
    got a z750 twin
    it was KK and hoggys and beefs once upon a time
    our lass’s bike now
    stripped and rebuilt and rewired by me
    when we got the evil twin she wasnt running
    big wireing issues
    ok my questions
    can some1 please
    when they have the time
    tell me what readings theyre getting from the
    ac generator
    rectifier
    regulator
    i have tested them
    mmmm
    am getting readings
    nothing points to anything being wrong in these parts
    but
    i cant find what readings they should be.
    i know if a fault in the circuit/diode then it would display it in the multi meter,
    which is analogue dial not digital by the way
    every thing is wired/working as it should be (had absol nothing working wireing wise when we got the evil twin lol)
    ive just got the condensor to test,
    bought a new coil/tested it,its good
    plug caps are correct non resistor and reading a strong 5ohms
    baffled isnt the word im looking at useing lol
    frustrating,but with a smile,i aint shy at asking for help but it is rare,stubborn pride lol,
    so,any1 that can spare the time to reveal the info i need that would be a great great help.

lonesome
    Participant

Not sure if you’re talking about readings when it’s running or stopped. You can’t really take resistance readings across windings etc because the resistance is so low that everything looks like a short circuit to a multimeter. I’m not really sure about the regulator wiring but across the rectifier section you should be looking at about 1.4V between any 2 wires. I think the whole thing is one package tho, so a multimeter will be useless.

When it’s running all you can really hope for is 14.4V across a charged battery at 2000rpm or so. Above 14.8 and you’ll fry the battery so you’ll need a new regulator. Less than 13.2V on even a flat battery and the fault could be anywhere in the system, but is much more likely to be the wiring. I’ll see if I can get some readings off of mine later, but since it’s running at 15.3V at the moment it might not be a good guide.

Oh, it might be a good idea to check the -ve line resistance between the battery and wherever you connect the black multimeter lead. Nothing screws up vehicle electrics like a dodgy earth.

Evil Twin
    Participant

thanks lonesome
    lol i replied to this yesterday
    sprnt ten mins writing all the figures i got from the regulator
    rectifier
    ac generator
    from the multi meter
    the bikes a non starter at the min lonesome,so all tests done with parts off the bike not connected to a power source
    grrrrr
    i didnt press the feckin submit button.
    doh
    will add later ok

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this