Fitting a reg rec unit to a B1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage Fitting a reg rec unit to a B1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    padders
    Participant

Hi does anyone have a reg tec fitted to their B1 if dyou do any chance you could photograph the wiring. I have a reg tec unit to fit but it only has two yellow one black and one white/red coming out of it so unsure how to wire it up.

Thanks Ian

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Padders

From what you are saying you have a reg/rec unit from the single phase charging system. The B1 charging system is 3 phase and subsequently has 3 yellow wires (one for each phase) so what you have will not work.

There is a unit available that will combine the B1 reg/rec unit which I believe you can buy from M&P and as far as I am aware is plug and play with the original wiring.

padders
    Participant

Hi thanks for the reply. I had thought there would be one with three yellows what threw me is the one advertised by m & p shows two yellows but this must be a mistake on their photo.?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is one of the problems with M&P they use generic pictures so what you see quite often does not look like what you’ll get

padders
    Participant

May just source some original reg rec do you have any in your stockroom Andy mine are foobarred

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’m not quite sure what I have re regulators and rectifiers but they will be 2nd hand and I can’t test them. Let me see what I have but will probably be next week now as I’m away at a rally this weekend

padders
    Participant

No problem Andy have a great time if you could let me know when you get back meantime I will have a scout around e bay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this