Front caliper bracket wanted

Home Forums The Trading Post Bike Related Sales and Wants Front caliper bracket wanted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    philpassingham
    Participant

will have a check in the garage 😀

wedge
    Participant

Sorry, don’t have the part you need or anything useful to swap but if you end up with spares at the end would be interested in buying one off you.

philpassingham
    Participant

piccy sent via email,let me know if its the right one,cheers,phil.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Philpass, I’ve had a look at the pic and believe its the wrong one unfortunately. As the machined recess on the bracket goes on the inside of the fork leg, it looks like someone has turned the caliper through 180 degrees and mounted the whole lot backwards, probably via the un-machined side of the bracket, to the opposite for leg. A bodge I have considered myself. A true RH FoF one (or LH BoF for that matter) would (I assume), if held with the threaded holes nearest you and the caliper away from you, have the recesses machined on the RH side of the bracket. The slider tubes,which are an uneven length either side of the bracket,would also be short and fat on the RH side. Its those darned tubes that are preventing me from undertaking the aforementioned bodge. Maybe I’ll give up and resort to machining a bracket flat on the other side then punching out and refitting the slider tubes. How hard can it be?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Morning all,
    currently rebuilding the front end of the B2 to a twin disc setup but have come across a problem. I have 3 LH front of fork caliper brackets, but no RH ones. Does anyone have RH FoF one I can pinch? I assume a LH behind the fork (B3/B4?) one would also work flipped round to the other side too. More than happy to do a swapsies with anyone who needs one of my surplus ones. Thanks

Tango
    Participant

Have you sorted this out now?
    Ive been digging in my boxes and have found a few brackets? One may be what you need.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this