fuel cock for B-models

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage How To Fix It fuel cock for B-models

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi B-Owners,

after I had only one fuel cock for a B-tank in bad condition and that one was modified/mechanically repaired by previous owner, I have fitted a rebuilt kit (3 O-rings). Worked well for a few days. Then it started to be hard to switch to other positions and finally the tap broke off ;-(
    Couldn’t find a good, matching one.
    I had the Pingel fuel cocks in mind and a stock Kawa fuel cock.
    The thread size is M22x1.
    Wanted to have a single outlet and most of the offered Kawa fuel taps have two outlets.

I digged into the Pingel portfolio and found a matching one 🙂
    http://www.pingelonline.com/Fuel-Valves/power-flo-single-outlet-reserve-fuel-valve.asp
    It is a series 6000 type mit 22mm adapter nut (in fact it replaces the stock imperial nut).
    Invoice states it is for Kawa models Z1, Z1000A1 (=> single outlet)

It matches without any issues and is way shorter than stock fuel cock. This means there is more space between bottom end of fuel cock and carbs.

It looks very nice and can be operated very easily ;-)))
    The only bad thing is the price. I have got it for 110,- Euros.
    But the cheapest stock Kawa fuel cock was at 70,- Euros and you can spend 90,- Euros easily for a stock one.

Looking forward to fit the B-tank back on my “Back in Black” this weekend.

Cheers, Michael

PS: There is an adapter plate available that fits with two screws to the tank (like LTDs) an has a M22x1 or imperial thread size stud on it. Not sure if that will fit the LTDs.
    http://www.pingelonline.com/fuel-valve-adapters/a1703c.asp

Tango
    Participant

The fuel tap off a Harley Davidson is the correct thread and also has a single outlet. I’ve got one for the B tank I’m replacing my current one with.

Tango
    Participant

DSC_0028.JPG

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,
    I have heard of this but I still can’t believe that Harley is using a metric M22x1 thread type.
    Looking forward to your mounting of this fuel cock.
    Good luck !
    Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

I’ve tested it and it is correct.
    The filter mesh is a tight fit but I have had it in the B1 tank, so unless I come across any problem at the final hour. It should be straight forward.

Let’s hope so shall we!

If this proves a good mod… It is significantly cheaper than a stock replacement. I paid about £20 delivered off EBay for the one I have.

Tango
    Participant

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331655445929

This could also be handy to have at the price of it.

Tango
    Participant

Ha Ha… Nothing like the Doubt of a master such as yourself Michael to spark a felling of…. am I right?… Was the research I did correct?… Will that petrol tap fit my tank??

But I’m glad to say… Pffttt! I Never doubted myself for a second!!
    (I say that holding my head down looking sheepish!) 🙂

DSC_0035.JPG

Tango
    Participant

No as you can see all is good with the fitment of a Harley Davidson 1975 – 1985 fuel tap, to the Petrol tank of a Kawasaki B1 750 Twin 😉

DSC_0036.JPG

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

good to see that the fuel cock fits.
    That will save a lot of money when someone needs to replace the stock one.

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this