Fuel leak

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bevan
    Participant

Been a while but finally have the B1 done and dusted after a long wait to get mufflers rechromed. Will post the whole saga under projects in due course. Only remaining gremlin is a very slow but persistent fuel leak from carbs, even when fuel tap turned OFF. I have replaced all O rings in fuel tap, all jets and float valves in carbs but still the odd drip after standing a while. Any ideas appreciated.

Bevan
    Participant

Sorry, should have also mentioned that I have set the float levels as per service manual, checked and then rechecked. Also balanced carbs.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Bevan.

Long time no speak, welcome back. You’ve done a great job on your restoration, it looks amazing.

Re the petrol leak I have had the same problem. I have tried all sorts and not managed to fully solve the issue. It is fine on the centre stand so I am going to swap the bowl gaskets for genuine Kawasaki ones as soon as I can find some.

Bevan
    Participant

Kaptainkwak

Thanks for this. Yes it took over a year to get the exhaust pipes re-chromed after extensive surgery on them. It is a lovely bike to ride and have enjoyed its undemanding pace. My fuel leak is even when on the centre stand so tap leaks when off and float valves aren’t stopping this despite being brand new OEM. I also put OEM float gaskets in (can get on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/264461670193) but that hasn’t fixed the problem. It is very slight so I am just living with it for now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this