German Twin meet 2013

Home Forums General Ride Outs and Meets German Twin meet 2013

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It is the German 750 twin owners annual meet this weekend.

We met them in Belgium 2006 for the 1st international 750 twin meeting. They were very hospitable and we all had a ball.

I am hoping to meet them again for the 2nd International meet either in 2014 or 2015. Hopefully some of you will join us.

Lets raise a glass to them having a happy and trouble free weekend

Tango
    Participant

Better get mine sorted out then Eh? 😉

Tango
    Participant

Better get mine sorted out then Eh? 😉

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,

we had a great meeting !!!
    Just arrived back home, in the last 4 days only the last 40 km of riding home was in heavy rain.

26 Z750 Twins are on the group photograph!
    Our tour happened with approx. 32 bikes, that is a long “snake” !

I will prepare a dedicated “Meeting 2013” site to place a lot of photographs in there.
    Some of the usual guest didn’t appear this time but there where many first-time-attendees.

Attached are the first two compressed pictures of the group:

Much more to come ;-)))
    Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Welcome back Michael.

Looks like you had a ball. What a motley crew you have there. I wish i’d have been able to make it.

So the weather Gods were kind to you. Thats always a bonus.

26 twins!!!!! WOW

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,
    on the drivers picture are two twinriders, that came with the car as they are not able to ride their bikes (one with a broken foot, the other with a latest stomach surgery).
    so another two Twins are in range 😉
    Today late afternoon I have meet another two twinriders who where not able to join the meeting (one with a shoulder problem and the other one with engine problems).
    Again, two more Twins in range 😉
    We had to leave another two Twins on the camp ground (one repaired a crashed twin but is not fully finished, the other had no time to do the common ride out.
    So, another two Twins.
    And two guys arrived to late on Saturday to join us for the ride, but where there for the evening party.
    Another two Twins !!!

These listed 8 Twins and the 26 on the picture would result in 34 Twins. Some other Twindrivers where not there at this years meeting, otherwise it could have been the absolute record of about 40 Twins at a meeting.
    Then we have to think about two or even three rows of Twins for the group picture ;-)))

Cheers, Michael

Ah, forgot another Twin. Frank started the ride but after some kilometers he had to stop because of a punctured rear tire. He was taken as a “co-driver” by one of the other Twindrivers. The bike was picked up after the ride out by car and trailer, they got the tube swapped same evening and Frank could join us with his Twin on own wheels again 😉

As the group had to wait until Frank’s Twin was parked and the situation was cleared, I had the opportunity to make a not intended and not complete group photograph 😉

Tango
    Participant

Look great Michael,Bet it sounded better though!

YouTube video I think when I make it down to the 2014 Meet

Michael
    Participant

Hi there,

it is not finalised yet, but here are approx 230 pictures from the German Z750Twin meeting 2013!

http://www.z750twin.de/treffen_2013.htm

You may access this site in english language, using the left hand link to German Z750 Twin Site (english translation)

It was so much fun and we surely will arrange a 2. International Z750Twin meeting in 2014.

Location is not fixed, the abbey is not the right place for us.
    We are free to select any place that is convinient for you UK Twin riders and the German Twin riders 😉
    Can be Belgium, France or the Netherlands.

Looking for your feedback 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Fantastic pictures Michael. Looks like you all had a great time.

I am looking forward to being a part of it in 2014

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this