"Glemseck" [ and maybe "Tangerine Dream" ]

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports "Glemseck" [ and maybe "Tangerine Dream" ]

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    beachcomber
    Participant

A bit more progress…………

philpassingham
    Participant

your a star sir,you going to stafford?

beachcomber
    Participant

Hi Phil,

yes that’s the plan …. however, my daughter is moving house that weekend !!!! I’ll post up

Guess you are going ?

beachcomber
    Participant

More progress ………..

coleighf
    Participant

That’s looking interesting!

Michael
    Participant

Hi TJ,

bad news !

Glemseck 101 will not take place in 2020 !

Good luck, take care and stay healthy,
    Michael

coleighf
    Participant

Hi Michael.

Very sad but understandable. If all goes well I will come to the 2021 event on my restored Z750B3!

Stay safe.

Colin.

beachcomber
    Participant

Been a long year so far – gone very quickly !

Trouble with computers and life in general. Time for a bit of a ketchup.

The Metallic Silver I eventually picked has now been applied to the seat, although they neglected to tell me it was a base coat paint ! Needs lacquer. Never mind, the colour is what I wanted.

Then I’ve been agonising [?] over the stripes and graffix. The side of the “tank” will get traditional Manx Norton pinstriping, but I decided the top needed something to break up the Silver. So “Cobra” stripe it was. After mocking up several I’ve decided on one broad stripe with 2 x 1/8″ or 1/16″ [ pictured ] outer stripes. That makes masking a much simpler job and has the right look.

The exhaust has now had a final mock up and once the new 45 degree bend arrives we can start the final assembly and welding. The collector WILL be level with the headers and the silencer [ ha, ha ] will be as high up under the seat as we can get it with the outlet point down.

I now have my second twin plug head – this time with 12mm secondary plugs to give a bit of safety against hot spots around the valve seats when the NOS is squeezed.

Hopefully work will now begin on the Glemseck engine rebuild.

The Weber 40 DCOE is undergoing sonic cleaning and will be assembled with “whatif” baseline jets, chokes etc.

Once the exhaust is completed we can start packaging all the electronics, NOS components, fuel pumps, etc. We’ve lost the area under the seat [ fuel filler and exhaust ], but still plenty of room under the tank, in the belly fairing and if we run out of space – we have the 1/2 fairing.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hey Beachy good to see you back. Hopefully you can get on the Gemseck again and hopefully finish her off. She is looking like a bike again.

For what it’s worth I prefer the double pin stripes

KK

beachcomber
    Participant

Me too …………………… but I ran out of tape !!!!!!!

beachcomber
    Participant

Slow progress but …. well slow ! That’s been progress with life and the Glemseck this year.

Lot’s of incidental work going on, but nothing that constitutes real visible progress. The exhaust was due to be completed 2 moths ago, but the company making the 120 degree bends [ inside the frame ] and swaging the ends can’t get the basic stock from their suppliers. That would have been a real boost to see the exhaust system completed.

I did get the Manx tank cover detailed and prepped ready for the Silver base coat. After one false start I swapped from my detailing gun to a full size spray gun and I got he coverage and flow I needed to get an idea of the finish. I only had trade thinners – supplier out of stock of premium grade I need for the top coats and lacquer. However …… it IS Silver !!! There’s a shitload of aluminium mini flakes in the paint [ why the spotting gun wasn’t coping ] and it has the look [ close one eye ] of an Aluminium tank ! Once the clear lacquer is on I think it’s pretty close to the finish I had in my mind. I’ve done a couple of test pieces of GRP and I’ll try both Satin and Gloss lacquer

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Progress maybe slow at the moment as it is for us all. I just wanna see this baby finished and see her run.

Don’t despair mate. Dig in and push forward

KK

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this