Happy New Year 2014 to all of you !

Home Forums General Everything Else Happy New Year 2014 to all of you !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins !

It was a pleasure for me to join the forum this year 😉

Hope to see some of you next year for the 2. International Z750Twin meeting in June.

Let the good times roll and have a happy new year !

Cheers, Michael

philpassingham
    Participant

all he best to you sir

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Sorry I’m a bit late but Happy New year to all you twinners out there.

The 2014 meet will be awesome. Luxemburg here we come!!!

scruffystuff
    Participant

Even Later .. but hey HNY to all you lot..
    Would like to ride out with a few other KZ riders later on this year..
    Will stay on web site and see if there are any meets closer than Luxembourg to start with.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Het scruffystuff where have you been hiding? Luxemburg isn’t going to be that far altogether you know. We only have 600km/375 miles there and back once we land in Holland. That’s 300km/187.5 miles each way with a day to do each ride so don’t let that put you off cos it will be easy cruising. The more the merrier I say.

scruffystuff
    Participant

Fair point.. Will look into it a bit more (contingencies for mishaps or breakdowns abroad) and you never know I may join you on the ferry. Would be a cool thing to do.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I can assure you we will be organised to cover most eventualities by carrying essential spares, tools and items to overcome issues. We try not to carry unescessary duplicates between us so that lets us carry more variety.

When we met the Germans in 2006 in Belgium we travelled about 2000 miles in total and had only 2 incidents. One was a dodgey wiring connection on a self rewire that cut the bike electrics out and the other was my own when my starter clutch decided to vibrate it’s bolts out. Theses things we can deal with roadside so no major dramas. We go out as a group, Travel as a group and return as a group. We are in it together.

I can also tell you from experience the Germans certainly know how to Party. They are excellent hosts and very friendly, helpful and obliging. 2006 was a great experience and i can’t wait to do it again.

Join in scruffystuff you won’t regret it!

scruffystuff
    Participant

When you put it like that ..cant really think of a reason why I wouldn’t be able to go.. Got plenty of time to sort out any niggling little issues I have with my bike.. (carbs have been after fitting K&Ns , but after new jets and a session on rolling road now sorted ) and I practice partying quite often so recon I might be able to keep up. So will have a serious think about this meet and make a decision soon enough. Thanks

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

You sound like the perfect candidate to me. Have a good look at the thread in the rideouts section and let me know hich would be your preferred port to sail from?

Michael
    Participant

Hi Scruffystuff,

you will never forget this trip in your life 😉
    … and I bet you have never seen so many Kawa Z750Twins at the same place before.
    At the moment I have more than 20 attendees on Z750Twins and even some more on other bikes on hand !

Most of us Germans can speak english, some more, some less fluent. Please be patient with us ;)))

After co-arranging and communicating a lot of and about the german Z750Twin meetings in the past 12 years, it is always the same 😉

After one of these meetings I am eager to go for the next one !

Join in !

Here a link directly to the german website and the meeting in 2006 !
    You will understand the language of the pictures 😉
    http://www.z750twin.de/treffen_2006.htm

Cheers and hoping to see you in a few months,
    Michael

scruffystuff
    Participant

Hi Kaptain
    If I was to make the decision to go .. which is looking more likely ..thinking economically and in time saving, I myself ..riding out from backwater Gloucestershire would prefer the Harwich crossing. but hey if Hull is the preferred route I could get there. What is the general consensus ?

scruffystuff
    Participant

Hi Michael

checked out the link you sent.. Yep that’s a lot of KZs . I myself have only ever seen 1 other since I got mine a couple of years ago. So am wondering if the pictures are real or C.G.I?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Scruffystuff

My understanding so far is we will be crossing from both ports. 3 from Hull and 2 from Harwich as things stand so the choice is entirely yours. The sailing times I have selected will enable both parties to arrive at the Rotterdam meeting café within 5 mins of each other subject to the efficiencies of the respective ports so waiting times will be minimal. There is still a little time for more people to join us and I am awaiting a decision from Bolton 440.

Come on Scruffystuff you know you want to . . . .

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Oh and in 2006 we had 23 750 twins together with 5 from the UK. I want to beat both those figures this year.

Come everyone !!!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this