Headstock taper bearing removal

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage How To Fix It Headstock taper bearing removal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

Hi

I need to remove my headstock taper rollers – found this on z power https://www.z-power.co.uk/head-bearing-removal-tool

Looks like it’d do the trick.

Anything better?#

KK do you have something i can buy plus bearings set?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Normally I just use a drift and tap them out a bit at a time. I have not seen that before. It does look like it would probably do the trick. I will speak with Zpower next week and try and get some feedback.

There is a tip for easier removal next time. Using a dremmel or something similar make 4 small grooves in the headstock to allow a bigger surface to get a drift onto the bearing seat when the bearings are in place.

I can supply these items from Zpower and I will get back to you about the prices.

KK

Jon
    Participant

I’ll have a little play tomorrow see what i can do.

Yeah i think i’ll create some dremel notches beneath bearing seat – mind you i’ll be dead by the time they  need doing again – so might not both lol.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I can relate to that ha ha

Jon
    Participant

Ok so with some dremelling and a mini slotting disc to slot the bearing cups it gave enough relief to ease the bearing cups out with a screwdriver and hammer.

All good……

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Great news you’ve managed to remove the old bearings Jon. Are you still wanting me to price new ones?

KK

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this