Hello from Manchester!

Home Forums New Member Introductions Hello from Manchester!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Magpie
    Participant

Hi all, I’m under instructions to introduce myself first and I can ask any questions I want so long as it doesn’t involve Prada…

After raiding ‘Kaptain Kwak’s’ garage I am now the proud owner of a 1982 KZ750 twin belt drive that used to belong to the award winning bike builder ‘Yorkshire Kaye’ and I’m in the process of getting her running again with my hubby ‘Tango’.

She’s proving to be a challenge…doesn’t seem to like fuel very much and spits it out of the carbs no matter what we do so we are now in the process of investigation and elimination and we may be some time!!

I can’t wait to get her back on the road and starting our adventures together! I have BIG plans for us!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello Magpie and welcome to our humble abode.

I’m sure you will find all the help you need on here if not in my garage.

I am also looking forward to the adventures and big plans.

Rock and Roll Magpie

Michael
    Participant

Hi Magpie,

welcome to the Lonesome Twins.

I am sure you will get the needed support here !

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Good news is we have Magpie running.. The bad news is its with Tangos B1 Gpz Carbs!

Tango
    Participant

Good news is we have Magpie running.. The bad news is its with Tangos B1 Gpz Carbs!

kaye
    Participant

Eyup Magpie,
    Ithink it’s fantastic that my old bike has gone to another girl, sorry to here your having carb problems but as it happens i have the carbs off that on my bike….woops sorry 😳 they are gpz carbs too, when you get her sorted we mush huck up come and see me we can go for a blast will be fun!

ps Award winning bike builder yorkshire Kaye made me chuckle x

Magpie
    Participant

Hey Kaye

Maggie is now running!! She loves her new carbs and breather filter that she stole off Tango’s bike….

True to her name I think!!

Just have a few more bits to sort out and she’ll be going for an MOT 🙂

Tango
    Participant

Woohoo… I have my Carbs back!… (Well ish?)
    After.. one heck of a roller-coaster ride of Hope – Despair – Disaster – and minor Victorys
    I am glad to say we now have Maggie Running on her own set of CSR carburettors.. There may be some fine tuning to do but I’m confident that the outlook is good!

Wifey I think you need to progress into the official New Project thread now!
    Let the build and refit begin! 🙂

Magpie
    Participant

Maggie wants to keep your carbs….sorry about that!

She will be heading into project very soon but first she needs to prove herself.

Tango
    Participant

Clutch side cover is now welded. It had a crack on the part where the rod goes through the case..
    All back on and seems to be working. Oil change done using SE 20/50 classic vehicle oil. New oil filter fitted, and the oil pressure switch is all rewired and working now! 🙂
    The bike seems a little smokey? Could be carb set up? I’m not sure?
    KK is going to come over and do a color tune and carb balance.
    I’ll also do a quick compression test.

Tango
    Participant

Update on compression test.. Both cylinders reading 140psi
    Standard is 156 from New.

Service limit is 114psi or if more than 14psi reading between each cylinder.

All looks good on Maggie!

Tango
    Participant

For information this test should be done with the bike warmed up, Both spark plugs removed, and the bike turned over on the starter with the throttle fully open.

lonesome
    Participant

Happy to supply a set of carbs for postage to a good cause.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this