Hello from Slovenia!

Home Forums New Member Introductions Hello from Slovenia!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Marko
    Participant

Hello everybody,

my name is Marko, I come from Slovenia and this year I bought a 1982 Kawasaki Z750 Twin LTD, all original except the handlebars. I bought it in Austria and it is not registered yet – I am still struggling with Slovene bureaucracy.

Cheers, Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello Marko and welcome.

We have a good variety of 750 twin models here in the UK. I currently own 4 CSR models, quite similar in many ways to the LTD.

We have a wealth of knowledge and parts and also links to our German counterparts z750twin.de

Feel free to look around and ask questions and a must is to post pictures of your bike 😀

Cheers

KK

Edmund
    Participant

Hello Marko and welcome

Michael
    Participant

Hello Marko,

welcome in this forum and the 750Twin community 😉

Wish you all the best to succeed the buro-crazy battle !

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome!

This is the only photo I have right now, and is not really the best…

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

MMM a Y1.

Love it Marko that’s my type of 750 twin.

It looks pretty much original too. Have you managed to get it registered yet?

Edmund
    Participant

Looking good marko 🙂

Michael
    Participant

Hi all,
    from my knowledge it is a S2 model.
    It is with cast wheels, final drive is a chain and has the new front brake as used with the beltdrive versions.
    The Y1 has the spoked wheels with alloy rims.
    The motor is the same 😉
    Cheers,
    Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yes Michael you are right. I did ask myself that question but I answered it wrong. I also wondered with the paint and stripes.

Thank You for correcting me

KK

Marko
    Participant

Wow, thanks, I didn’t realise there were so many different models of this bike.
    Do you perhaps know where I could get more info on S2 model?

Cheers, Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

there is no explicite information about the S2 model.
    I have picked the main criteria in my description before.

When selecting spare parts for your Twin, you can use the wide range of the Z750LTD Twin model Y1 (1982). Motor is the same type from B3, B4, LTD Y1 and CSR. The LTD K1 (BD) motor is different.

S2 models use front brake and maybe front fork parts, which is more equal to the Z750LTD Twin BD (belt drive) K1 version.

You may visit the german Z750Twin website in english version by clicking the green, round logo and link left hand side.

Go to “Twin Modelle” at the home page to see some different twins models. From there select “Typenliste” to see a description of the different models.

It may be that your Twin was changed either to the dual disk brake from a S1 model to the S2 standard or it is a S2 model with the “older” Y1 motor, not sure.
    What is the date of initial registration? 1982 or 1983? Or even later, which doesn’t help!

Yes, there are many different Twin models out there. B1 to B4 is easy to differentiate, but the LTD models where mixed during the few years of manufacturing!!!
    There are also differences in the various country versions of the LTDs.

Doesn’t matter if you have fun with the Twin ;-)))

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Thanks Michael for very useful information.

As I could understand from original documents, it is model 1982, first registration in 1983 – but documents are in German, so I’m not 100% sure.

The chassis number has 000380 at the end, so that being quite low number I assumed it is from the earliest year of production (1982).

Cheers, Marko

Tango
    Participant

Hi Marco Nice looking bike.

Marko
    Participant

Hi,

I thought I’d post a short update of progress to registration.
    I finally managed to do homologation, now I have to wait up to a month for Tax office to confirm that I do not have to pay tax, and than I will be able to go to MOT and register a bike. Hopefully before winter…

I wonder sometimes what is the point of EU free market, because the bike was normally registered in Austria before I bought it.

Cheers, Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Marko it is good to here things are moving along freely although slowly. I wonder sometimes too what half these rules and regulations mean and why at all they exist. Still at least you will be on the road quite soon and enjoying the twin thump

KK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this